Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

45 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Some of the stuff in the media during the build up to this game has been ridiculous, whether it’s Clyde 1s now deleted video, Graeme Souness believing a Ukraine win helps stop Putin, or Bill Leckie’s weird columns in The S*n (not unusual). 

I can understand non-football fans possibly having a more objective view due to their disinterest, but people associated with (Scottish) football coming out with this ‘let them win’, ‘it doesn’t really matter’ tripe really is embarrassing. 

What was the clyde 1 video?

Honestly I was up for singing the Ukraine national anthem a while back too. I'll be fine if other Scotland fans choose to do that, but I've now got my game face on and am only thinking about winning. 

We'd better fucking not boo it though.

Lot of this patronising pro Ukraine chat from other Scottish folk has this sort of vibe to it:
21A7B3D3-D1D9-4FB8-B0DF-DD009A25E6D8.jpeg.c427951c6db83d3128b52e218ecd3ec3.jpeg

Folk who aren’t into football, and evidently have zero clue about it chiming in with nonsensical opinions because it’s currently the hot topic of e-discourse. They’d normally spend their time moaning on the Glasgow/Edinburgh subreddits about sportsball fans and how they hate having to deal with crowds despite buying a flat next to a football stadium.

That has got to be the worst suggestion i have ever seen as an alternative to penalties.

34 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Lot of this patronising pro Ukraine chat from other Scottish folk has this sort of vibe to it:

21A7B3D3-D1D9-4FB8-B0DF-DD009A25E6D8.jpeg.c427951c6db83d3128b52e218ecd3ec3.jpeg

Folk who aren’t into football, and evidently have zero clue about it chiming in with nonsensical opinions because it’s currently the hot topic of e-discourse. They’d normally spend their time moaning on the Glasgow/Edinburgh subreddits about sportsball fans and how they hate having to deal with crowds despite buying a flat next to a football stadium.

I have heard some ridiculous things in my time as a football fan but these are some of the worst ideas I’ve ever heard

Good god man that is absolutely vile.

Anyway, I seem to have almost successfully insulated myself from Scottish failures over the last few years, in so far as I now don't begin shiting myself until the day of the match.

Even now as I type, I have tricked my mind into thinking "ocht well, we all expect glorious failure anyway".

Tomorrow at about 5 o'clock though, it will all change. My heart will be filled with hope, anxiety, excitement and the expectation that we are going to pump these.

McGinn, Adams x 2 in a comfortable 3-1 victory.

The nerve shredder will come against Wales.

I will happily have a bit of friendly banter with any Ukrainian that I meet outside Hampden tomorrow, as we did with the Danes last year.

I will also show their Anthem the full respect that it deserves.

But once the Refs whistle blows at 7.45 there will only be one thing on my mind, cheering the boys on to victory.

I desperately hope for a Scottish win but whatever the result I am also willing to applaud the winning team off the pitch at the end of the game.

PS. I would only buy a half and half scarf if it was being sold for a Ukrainian charity.

17 minutes ago, velo army said:

Honestly I was up for singing the Ukraine national anthem a while back too. I'll be fine if other Scotland fans choose to do that, but I've now got my game face on and am only thinking about winning. 

We'd better fucking not boo it though.

50,000 mostly pished Scottish fans butchering the Ukrainian national anthem isnt the show of solidarity the goon who came up with this idea thinks it is.

Respectful silence as the Ukrainians give it laldy is the only acceptable option. Any Scottish fan signing it is a fud.

Edited by Jacky1990

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

50,000 mostly pished Scottish fans butchering the Ukrainian national anthem isnt the show of solidarity the goon who came up with this idea thinks it is.

Respectful silence as the Ukrainians give it yaldy is the only acceptable option. Any Scottish fan signing it is a fud.

I'd fucking love to see that tbf.

Aye you're right, Scotland fans can barely sign FoS (can we not play it half an octave lower ffs??) so I imagine them making a fist of the Ukrainian anthem would just be a cacophony. Silence is better. 

people on here are giving it large about not singing the Ukrainian national anthem, but if the majority start attempting to sing it I reckon most will go along with it halfheartesly. Then the media will say what great fans and we can all pat each other on the back and move on.

17 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

people on here are giving it large about not singing the Ukrainian national anthem, but if the majority start attempting to sing it I reckon most will go along with it halfheartesly. Then the media will say what great fans and we can all pat each other on the back and move on.

Without knowing the words? It's all very patronising. Can't we just let them sing it, do ours then play? 

28 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

None of the Ukrainians want it. 

5 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

None of the Ukrainians want it. 

Rightly so. Not only will it be a bit of a shambles, but it's incredibly patronising. The players and the fans that have made it deserve to have their moment to sing their anthem.