Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Remember, this is the football team (not country, football team) who were openly discussing at the turn of the year how happy they were to draw us as they viewed us as a soft touch and a bye to the final. Get them beat, end of story.

Saw videos of this on Twitter. Get them fucking smashed. I want to see children crying at this. 

56 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Can't be arsed with all this sentiment and hand-wringing shite.

People say politics and football should never mix and then in the next breath will happily cede a football match for....erm....political reasons.

No chance, get them beaten and beaten soundly. Remember, this is the football team (not country, football team) who were openly discussing at the turn of the year how happy they were to draw us as they viewed us as a soft touch and a bye to the final. Get them beat, end of story.

Can still 'get them beat' as you put it, and have sympathy and support for Ukraine as a country. Men, women & children are being slaughtered and you dismiss any feelings of solidarity as 'hand-wringing shite'.  I desperately want Scotland to win tomorrow night but people like you almost make me think; you know what, getting beat by Ukraine is infinitely preferably on so many levels to getting knocked out at the final hurdle by fucking Wales !

Right enough of this nonsense about letting Ukraine win 

Let’s just get them pumped and worry about Wales 

If we need to be the bad guys tomorrow, then so be it. 

It’s been almost 25 years since we last qualified for a World Cup, we can’t afford to stand aside for anyone. 

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Also they did we have a dream the following year and it made the top 40 (might have been the 0-0 with Norway when Iwelumo missed the sitter of the century) 

I was at that game and don't recall this. I'm not saying it's not true, probably that I blanked most of it out.

9 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

I might be wrong but I think it’s the version that still gets played at Hampden now

No, it's the Donnie Munro original that gets played, we were led by the new fella.

19 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Can still 'get them beat' as you put it, and have sympathy and support for Ukraine as a country. Men, women & children are being slaughtered and you dismiss any feelings of solidarity as 'hand-wringing shite'.  I desperately want Scotland to win tomorrow night but people like you almost make me think; you know what, getting beat by Ukraine is infinitely preferably on so many levels to getting knocked out at the final hurdle by fucking Wales !

No I don't. Far from it.

I dismiss feelings of solidarity solely on the basis of a game of football as hand-wringing shite. big difference.

The poem in question and the sentiment behind it is pandering, simpering, condescending nonsense of the worst kind. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Some of the stuff in the media during the build up to this game has been ridiculous, whether it’s Clyde 1s now deleted video, Graeme Souness believing a Ukraine win helps stop Putin, or Bill Leckie’s weird columns in The S*n (not unusual). 

I can understand non-football fans possibly having a more objective view due to their disinterest, but people associated with (Scottish) football coming out with this ‘let them win’, ‘it doesn’t really matter’ tripe really is embarrassing. 

10 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Any Scottish person saying they want Ukraine to win tomorrow can fucking do one.

They'll get dignified respect before and after the game and during their anthem. But from the second Flower of Scotland starts until the final whistle, I hope we pump them in every area of the pitch.

4-0.

None of this pity party bullshit. 

Very much this.

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I quite liked what Graeme Souness had to say on this match. Really put things in perspective for me.

Sourness can go f**k himself.

I just think it's a bit selfish given what the Ukrainian people are going through. There are bigger things than football and if they win it might give them the boost and morale they need to finally beat the Russian occupation. I for one will be singing their national anthem and I'll be wearing a half in half scarf.

10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I just think it's a bit selfish given what the Ukrainian people are going through. There are bigger things than football and if they win it might give them the boost and morale they need to finally beat the Russian occupation. I for one will be singing their national anthem and I'll be wearing a half in half scarf.

You're utterly at it. You did well but slipped when you mentioned half and half scarf. 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You're utterly at it. You did well but slipped when you mentioned half and half scarf. 

Yes well I was bored and hoping to get back to talking about the football rather than the politics so might as well entertain myself 

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He's right about that point.

But Souness is a creepy attention seeking weirdo and always has been. I imagine it's fairly horrifying being in his company. 

Just now, Fratelli said:

Lot of this patronising pro Ukraine chat from other Scottish folk has this sort of vibe to it:

21A7B3D3-D1D9-4FB8-B0DF-DD009A25E6D8.jpeg.c427951c6db83d3128b52e218ecd3ec3.jpeg

Folk who aren’t into football, and evidently have zero clue about it  chiming in with nonsensical opinions because it’s currently the hot topic of e-discourse. They’d normally spend their time moaning on the Glasgow/Edinburgh subreddits about sportsball fans and how they hate having to deal with crowds despite buying a flat next to a football stadium.

Haha good memories this one.

8 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Lot of this patronising pro Ukraine chat from other Scottish folk has this sort of vibe to it:

21A7B3D3-D1D9-4FB8-B0DF-DD009A25E6D8.jpeg.c427951c6db83d3128b52e218ecd3ec3.jpeg

Folk who aren’t into football, and evidently have zero clue about it chiming in with nonsensical opinions because it’s currently the hot topic of e-discourse. They’d normally spend their time moaning on the Glasgow/Edinburgh subreddits about sportsball fans and how they hate having to deal with crowds despite buying a flat next to a football stadium.

Did Jo suggest that before or after she became PM?