Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

37 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
17 hours ago, velo army said:
Not to be facetious, but there's still plenty seats on the Megabus.

Getting through is fine, getting back is pretty tight getting to Buchanan Street

Aye I forgot about that. There was always an 11.30pm bus that would get me back from the football. The latest one I can see is 10.30pm. That's hellish. I missed out winner against Cyprus as I had to leave early to get that one once.

I'm in favour of strike action, and they're doing it at the right time tbf. I would have hoped for more buses though. I fear a lot of empty seats at Hampden.

Less than a week to go now - absolutely buzzing for this after the long wait! Liked the comments from Robbo/Steve clarke about forgetting the outside noise and everything with it and concentrating on us and our aims. Straight in about them for 90/120 minutes!! 

Left centre back and right wing back - will be interesting to see who he goes with.  I think the rest of the team just about picks itself. Something like :

Gordon

McTominay Hanley ?

? Gilmore mcgregor Robbo

Mcginn Christie

Adams

It sounds absolutely nothing like that in a Scottish accent. 

As nice a intention it is, I doubt Ukrainians would want tens of thousands of folk butchering what will no doubt be a hugely emotional moment.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

Absolutely no need for 50,000 Scot’s, half of them full of the drink, to butcher what will be a hugely emotional moment for the Ukrainian team and nation. What a stupid idea.
Standing respectfully and giving them a round of applause after the anthem is a much more appropriate show of support/respect.

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

Less than a week to go now - absolutely buzzing for this after the long wait! Liked the comments from Robbo/Steve clarke about forgetting the outside noise and everything with it and concentrating on us and our aims. Straight in about them for 90/120 minutes!! 

Left centre back and right wing back - will be interesting to see who he goes with.  I think the rest of the team just about picks itself. Something like :

Gordon

McTominay Hanley ?

? Gilmour mcgregor Robbo

Mcginn Christie

Adams

It'll almost certainly be Cooper (if fit) in Tierney's berth.

Personally I'd play either Souttar or Hendry ahead of McTominay but I accept Clarke probably won't.

Rest of the team does pick itself. Patterson is ahead of O'Donnell, but prob not fit.

Edited by ArabFC

I think we can probably ink in 7 starters for this game: Gordon, McTominay, Hanley, McGregor, Robertson, McGinn and Adams.

That leaves the following question marks:

Will Patterson play? (Who replaces him if not? SOD most likely but don’t rule out Hickey)

Who plays LCB? (likely Cooper or McKenna)

Will Gilmour be fit? (Who replaces him if not? My gut feeling is Jack but wouldn’t be shocked if Hendry comes in with McTominay moving to midfield)

Will Dykes play in a 3-4-1-2 or Christie in a 3-4-2-1

Edited by Donathan

I don't think McSauce is nailed on. I wouldn't be shocked to see Souttar start but McTominay's still the more likely starter.

Agree with all the debates although I've written off Patterson playing in this game.

Is Dykes out of this one?
No, he's fit and available - has been training with Christie and Brown for a few weeks now.
I think people just see Adams as the better fwd. While he is technically better, Dykes gives us presence up front. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of them start (it will be one of them though).

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I don't think McSauce is nailed on. I wouldn't be shocked to see Souttar start but McTominay's still the more likely starter.

Agree with all the debates although I've written off Patterson playing in this game.

When was the last time a fit and available McTominay was dropped?

23 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

No, he's fit and available - has been training with Christie and Brown for a few weeks now.
I think people just see Adams as the better fwd. While he is technically better, Dykes gives us presence up front. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of them start (it will be one of them though).

Why don't you think 4-3-1-2 is likely? Usually that's been preferred when both Dykes and Adams are available and fully fit.

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

When was the last time a fit and available McTominay was dropped?

Why don't you think 4-3-1-2 is likely? Usually that's been preferred when both Dykes and Adams are available and fully fit.

We have literally not started a game in a 4-3-1-2 in a single game since Dykes or Adams made their debuts.

Edited by craigkillie

He didn't start our last game against Austria.

It's a fair point though. I've felt like he's constantly been on the verge of dropping out but very, very rarely has. Maybe the fact he's moved between positions makes it seem like he isn't a nailed on starter as he's not guaranteed to start in defence or midfield.