Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

I'll be interested to see if we stick with the same shape we've started with in the last four games or if the fairly early switches against Denmark and Austria might make Clarke consider moving away from it.

Without Tierney, McTominay absolutely has to be in the back three IMO. 

Gordon 

McTominay Hanley Cooper

O’Donnell.                                     Robertson

McGregor   Gilmour              

McGinn                                       Armstrong

Adams          

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I'll be interested to see if we stick with the same shape we've started with in the last four games or if the fairly early switches against Denmark and Austria might make Clarke consider moving away from it.

What changes do you mean? 

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Without Tierney, McTominay absolutely has to be in the back three IMO. 

Gordon 

McTominay Hanley Cooper

O’Donnell.                                     Robertson

McGregor   Gilmour              

McGinn                                       Armstrong

Adams          

Hanley always gives me the fear.

What changes do you mean? 
Early in the second half against Denmark, Clarke dropped McGinn back into a midfield three like we predominantly played from June - October. The same happened during the first half against Austria.

Formations are fluid etc but Clarke went out of his way to change it twice in the last three games.

Aye, the days of clownshoes Hanley are gone. He's come on leaps and bounds at international level.

Yes, I am touching wood as I type that.

Spoiler

Steady, Kenneth.

Grant Hanley has (despite his critics) probably been the most reliable Scottish centre back of his generation - if of course we accept Tierney is only a sort-of CB.

Who else would be his competition?

Edited by ArabFC

11 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Prediction time:

Heart: Scotland 0-0 Ukraine (Scotland win 7-6 on pens), Scotland 2-1 Wales (Souttar, McTominay)

Head: Scotland 1-2 Ukraine, pure deflated all summer

No time for deflation. The Nations League up next. Nothing matters more, or so I’m told. Big games with Armenia 🇦🇲 coming up. 

11 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm fascinated by who contributes to this shit the BBC put out. This and player ratings and selecting your own starting XI. Maybe kids are doing this instead of reading Shoot these days I dunno 

I left a message...

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I left a message...

Okay, now some of this may sound stupid to some of you guys but I want you to hear me out. Now look, you know different people think about life in different ways. Lawyers think life is a big court room; Doctors probably thinks life is like a big operation; Bus drivers think life is...er...a big bus I guess. Who knows what the hell those guys think. Anyway, I've always thought of life as a big football game...

1 minute ago, Moanin' Cronin said:

Okay, now some of this may sound stupid to some of you guys but I want you to hear me out. Now look, you know different people think about life in different ways. Lawyers think life is a big court room; Doctors probably thinks life is like a big operation; Bus drivers think life is...er...a big bus I guess. Who knows what the hell those guys think. Anyway, I've always thought of life as a big football game...

That was the for the team only!

49 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm fascinated by who contributes to this shit the BBC put out. This and player ratings and selecting your own starting XI. Maybe kids are doing this instead of reading Shoot these days I dunno 

Maybe it's the same people who post on the Scotland National Team twitter account telling Steve Clarke to call up Scott Wright and Tony Ralston.