Jump to content

Scotland v Ukraine


Lex
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ukraine are a good side, and they seem to be a tough team to beat but I don’t think they’re a better side than we are - certainly not by a lot. I’d take them over the Czechs or Poles tbh. 

If Davie Moyes could arrange for Yarmolenko to have a little “accident” in training which will keep him out of this game, that would be fantastic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ukraine failed to beat Kazakhstan home or away but also drew home and away v France

Drew all of their home games but did well on road win in Finland and Bosnia 

Maybe like to counter attack but out of ideas if trying to make the play

We may set up to counter attack at home 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It won’t be easy, but a World Cup place is there for the taking. 180 minutes from a World Cup against comparable teams is all we could have asked for.

Just have to pray for no major injuries between now and then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Ukraine are a good side, and they seem to be a tough team to beat but I don’t think they’re a better side than we are - certainly not by a lot. I’d take them over the Czechs or Poles tbh. 

If Davie Moyes could arrange for Yarmolenko to have a little “accident” in training which will keep him out of this game, that would be fantastic. 

Moyesie can just keep leaving him out for 6 months, rarely gets a look in these days except in cup games.

Real Madrid not loaning Bale out in January would also be good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Away in the final is obviously a shiter but by Christ I would *puts on Keegan voice* fucking LOVE to pap the Welsh out in Cardiff.

Ukraine are to be respected but not feared. They were utter dugmeat in the Euros and England made them look like a team of rank amateurs. Go at them like the Denmark game, blow them away.

Fucking Hampden for that btw.... Would live a ticket but got nae chance tbh, and would effectively be a glory hunting w**k if I got one

Maybe in the minority but I was impressed with Ukraine at the Euros before their capitulation against the English. 
 

Dont think they have the level of player that we do though. McGinn, Tierney, Gilmour & Robertson are/have the potential to be world class imo. We play to our limit and we are the better team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ukraine? More like Spew-kraine.

 

 

Anyway, no need to reinvent the wheel for these games. Standard 3-4-1-2. If everyone is fit it’ll be:

 

Gordon

McTominay-Hanley-Tierney

Patterson-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson

McGinn

Dykes-Adams

 

First understudies for each position:


Clark

Hendry-Cooper-McKenna

SOD-Jack-McLean-Taylor

Armstrong

Brown-Christie

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Lucky, to be honest, If the choice was between Italy and Portugal or Scotland and Wales, I think I was really lucky. But this is a burden of responsibility, because we have got an equal opponent and now we have to go through.

Ukraine goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov

 

Quote

It's a good draw for us, I prayed not to get caught in Italy and Portugal's path or good Scandinavian teams. I wanted these rivals. It will be interesting to play British teams. We will study and watch them. If we were also playing at home, it would be fantastic.

Ukraine Head Coach Oleksandr Petrakov

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/draws/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Not sure if I'm that happy with the draw. certainly winnabable but Ukraine were unbeaten in their qualifying and don't condede much. Hate playing Wales, especially away and Austria will feel they have a score to settle.

Sounds like Denmark, and we served their bacon on a big fucking bap with brown sauce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Maybe in the minority but I was impressed with Ukraine at the Euros before their capitulation against the English. 
 

Dont think they have the level of player that we do though. McGinn, Tierney, Gilmour & Robertson are/have the potential to be world class imo. We play to our limit and we are the better team.  

I thought they were poor tbh.  They were awful for 75 minutes against the Netherlands before getting two admittedly cracking goals out of nowhere.  Then still managed to lose.

Macedonia they were OK, nervy last half hour though.  And against Austria they were absolutely woeful.

Sweden game i thought they were very lucky to win though they took advantage of the extra man.

There was never any point i looked at them and thought they were a very good team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

 

Ukraine goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov

 

Ukraine Head Coach Oleksandr Petrakov

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/draws/

I think that’s fair tbh, I have no doubt the other teams will see us as tough but beatable, like we see them. I am very happy with how we are playing but I don’t expect us to be feared like Italy just yet. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought they were poor tbh.  They were awful for 75 minutes against the Netherlands before getting two admittedly cracking goals out of nowhere.  Then still managed to lose.

Macedonia they were OK, nervy last half hour though.  And against Austria they were absolutely woeful.

Sweden game i thought they were very lucky to win though they took advantage of the extra man.

There was never any point i looked at them and thought they were a very good team 

Aye, I thought they were mostly poor in the Euros, and helped by having the second worst side in the tournament in their group to get through. Them against England was one of the worst showings at a major tournament that I can recall.

They’re obviously not a bad team though, with a couple of very good players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...