Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

Scotland would be better playing fucking Robbie Muirhead up top than that shite. At least every now and then he decides he's going to be Ibra for 10 seconds in between invisible performances akin to Adams tonight. 

Christie was a standout in the 2nd half and can consider himself unlucky have been benched to accommodate either of the front two. 

4 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Only Scotland could get caught on the break while not actually attacking.

I was just saying the same thing. We looked a disorganised mess.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

To rub salt in the wound, the other half says "how did it go?", then says a token "oh, that's a shame" and then goes back to caring more about the Great British Sewing Bee.

You are going to be raging in November when you are watching the World Cup and asks "are scotland in this?"

9 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Pat Nevin

Former Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live

"This is a moment of real beauty for Ukraine."

f**k off!!!

Had a quick read of the initial match report on the BBC website and it reads like Ukraine are the home nation. Utterly pathetic. 

I wonder if Wales will roll out the red carpet for them as much as we have done? 

6 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Clarke’s inability to not play the exact same formation every game is staggering. We were so rigid and easy to play against. You don’t even have to move to mark our players. 

What a huge difference when we had players playing between the lines like Ukraine had with Yarmolenko. 

That is a fair criticism.

Can't believe it took him so long to change it up when it was so glaringly obvious we were absolutely toothless in the first half. Ukraine closed off every angle into midfield, our wing backs were getting no no joy at all and the 2 strikers looked so isolated early on. 

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

To rub salt in the wound, the other half says "how did it go?", then says a token "oh, that's a shame" and then goes back to caring more about the Great British Sewing Bee.

heid screwed on, happy with her simple lot

emotional investment in fitba is a mug's game

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Can we now ban fucking weirdos like Bill Leckie and Graeme Souness from the country?

Absolute bunch of wet wipes asking to give Ukraine the win. Fucking set the tone for the absolute shitebag performance.

Shut up, ya roaster.

I gave up watching bits of the game on French telly.

Strangely enough I'm not too upset. Quatar can go f**k itself.

I have a friend in Germany who has offered accommodation for the Euros in '24.

Not getting my hopes up...

Yes, it's all about me!   :)

Congratulations to Ukraine who were by far the better side. Men against boys. We were shit all over the park. Too much fear with too many pass backs and side passes. They always tried to play the ball forward and looked comfortable. If we had to lose to someone I am glad it was them.

Formation should have been changed before half time, we were lucky to only be one down at that point and luck ran out early second half. 

If you swap the keepers round that game finishes about 7-0

Rightly or wrongly Robertson's #bevvygate will stick for a while now. He's always had criticism from an element of our support for seemingly dropping his levels when he plays for Scotland, and this won't help at all. 

I actually recall him being consistently brilliant for us when he was at Hull. Probably a combination of him trying too hard to be a talisman and him facing more scrutiny has led to him being seen differently now. Some bafflingly poor bits of play from him in the second half.

I say this just about every Scotland match but David Turnbull has fantastic delivery from wide areas, corners, set pieces. He's the best we have at putting a ball into the box.

Never plays.