Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

That was genuinely pathetic.

Ukraine did their bit and fair play to them, hope they beat Wales and get there. Their players wanted that and ours didn't show up.

Abysmal from Clarke and and the players. Truly awful. An embarrassing display from most, we can have no complaints. 

Slava Ukraini. 

f**k off Scotland.

I can’t get over Clarke:

a) playing McTominay at CB and watching Ukraine pass round him all night because he can’t hold his position

b) not realising that it wasn’t working and taking sixty minutes to change to four at the back

c) sticking Grant Hanley up front for the last ten when we’ve Ross Stewart on the bench

d) clearly not having the slightest fucking clue what Ukraine we’re going to do.

This defeat is on him and him alone.

9 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Not that it matters at all, but was there even time for a VAR check there, given the 3rd goal seemed marginally offside 

I'm more annoyed VAR couldn't ping the referee to identify a potential red card in the first half, or to alert him that a player on a yellow card had committed a black and white second yellow offence. That's really poor IMO and makes me wonder why bother with it.

Scotland, though, weren't up for it outwith the last 25 minutes. We'll never know how much the absolute circus surrounding this game affected them, but that performance was a mile away from what we've been showing recently.

I'm not saying we'd have won, but I'm absolutely convinced we'd have played better back in March.

Absolutely vital we pick ourselves up for the Nations League, though, and start making sure we get a playoff for the Euros to fall back on.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Embarrassing

Ukraine could easily had 5 or 6.

Played with zero tempo until 70 minutes 

Defended like haddies.

Delivery into the box was terrible.

One in the opposition box most of the time.

No runners into the box or down the sides.

Miles short. 

Attacked like haddies

5 minutes ago, gerrymcc1978 said:

how do you pick the team up for the nations league now, that is our only hope of ever qualifying.

shocked at how bad we were and i should never be shocked with scotland

Wait, what? We can still qualify?

F*ck....that. 

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Terrible performance that can't be hidden by a wee rally at the end.

Clarke got the line-up and set-up wrong and the players - to a man - underperformed.

World Cup being mid-season is shite enough and we won't even be playing at it.

To a man/woman, when the team was announced, almost all agreed with the 2 up front.  Like Tom English on RS just now, the hindsight thing is brilliant.  Ukraine were technically superior to us tonight.  End of. 

Limp. A mewling, shitebag performance. Lamentable.

Schooled yet again by a team who are simply better in every department. 

We were pulled apart and so basic going forward. A massive regression tonight.

We still have a long way to go.

Should we just bin the back 3 when Tierney isn’t available? We’ve witnessed Cooper be immense for us in the middle of the 3 and an absolute liability on the left. No one can do that role that Tierney does in that system.