Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

Just now, Rugster said:

She really doesn’t. 

What should she say as the leader of a country? She has to be diplomatic. Congratulate Ukraine and say the good thing about Scotland.

Think that might have been the worst performance I've seen under Clarke. Apart from Gordon I thought everyone was really poor. Special mention to Hickey, I thought that was one of the most comical performances I've seen in person in a long time. He (along with a few others) were breathing out their arse after about 15 minutes. So bad. I think the 3 at the back works when Tierneys fit, otherwise I think its time to think about how else we can set up. Not saying what we saw at the end there is the answer because we were 2-0 down in a one off game, but Cooper at LCB certainly isn't the solution either. 

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

We’ve scored a few good goals from inswinging corners recently.

Does anyone know why for every corner we decided to float in outswingers that were nowhere near that complete haddy of a keeper?

Austin McPhee seemed to make a big difference since coming on board. Like I said in previous post the squad as I understand only got together on Sunday except mini camp of 3 or 4 players last week. In my opinion bulk of squad should have been assembled a week earlier and could have used that time on things like set pieces. Pretty poor that 3 or 4 players feel need to arrange their own camp and that there was not a larger take up. 

That starting 11 gave me a bad feeling and so it came to pass. Clarke want Dykes and Adams on the pitch together, unless we are playing Cowdenbeath it does not work. Pick one and work with that player to make it work. 

He has a simar affinity for McTominey regardless of where he has to play him. 

Hickey should never have started it was a game for O'Donnell. 

That said regardless of the line up that performance was fucking woeful. 

1 minute ago, QwaarJet said:

What should she say as the leader of a country? She has to be diplomatic. Congratulate Ukraine and say the good thing about Scotland.

Just say nothing. That shite about Ukraine is extremely patronising to them, and it makes us look like a nation of losers.

Which we are, but we don’t need the First Minister confirming it.

Before I go off on one, credit where it is due. Ukraine were miles better than us tonight and a well deserved win. Outclassed. Out thought. Out played. Out. Genuinely hope them and their fans have a good night. Hope they go on and pump Wales.

Now. Rant time.

We lost tonight because of one man. Steve Clarke. I can handle players performing below standard or outright shite. But we set up in a system with tactics that were never going to work, because theyve been proven not to work. We didnt play badly because of individual errors. We played badly because we trained and planned for a system that has ALWAYS made us play badly.

Dykes and Adams up top together do not work. It has never worked. They are too similar. 

For all the song and dance around him, McGinn is not, and never will be, a number 10 against good opposition.

We attempted to play an attacking formation and ended up nulifying our 3 most prominent attackers while confusing and overloading our midfield which have been class together for nearly a year.

Clarke over thought this big time and we paid the price. If I could see the inevitable as soon as the team was announced, why cant Clarke or any of his coachinf staff?

On a side note, can we leave the SOD slander now? Hickey was chosen tonight and had about as much attacking threat as a marshmallow.

Fucking fizzing.

That's bollocks, they're all miles better. The reasons why is the issue.

They are all miles better, but none of them are going to win the World Cup.
The point is you don’t have to be a very good team to come to Hampden and win easy.

15 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Looked like they had an extra man all night. Fucking shite. Robertson, and everyone else for that matter, absolutely hopeless. Armenia and Ireland... Can see those games far enough.

A lot of these teams , eg Croatia , look like they have an extra man.

I think it is partly because , on the whole , they are more comfortable on the ball.

They can have five at the back at times but pile forward when they want

2 minutes ago, grazza said:

Austin McPhee seemed to make a big difference since coming on board. Like I said in previous post the squad as I understand only got together on Sunday except mini camp of 3 or 4 players last week. In my opinion bulk of squad should have been assembled a week earlier and could have used that time on things like set pieces. Pretty poor that 3 or 4 players feel need to arrange their own camp and that there was not a larger take up. 

Even if you think they should have gotten together sooner - they’ve shown they know how to take a good set piece in the last run of games. It’s wild that we didn’t bother putting any right on top of the keep.

18 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Because that is literally all he has. 

You are totally wrong about that but even if you were right at least put him on for the last 10 minutes to take corners and set pieces.

Just now, pub car king said:

That starting 11 gave me a bad feeling and so it came to pass. Clarke want Dykes and Adams on the pitch together, unless we are playing Cowdenbeath it does not work. Pick one and work with that player to make it work. 

He has a simar affinity for McTominey regardless of where he has to play him. 

Hickey should never have started it was a game for O'Donnell. 

That said regardless of the line up that performance was fucking woeful. 

This, absolutely this, and let's throw in John Souttar warming his arse on the bench whilst Grant Hanley, centre-back for a Norwich team which recently conceded about 513 goals, roams the pitch like a buffalo without GPS.  Forget the emotion of the occasion this was an abysmal selection and performance in a game of such magnitude.

6 minutes ago, QwaarJet said:

If she really, really had to say something, congratulate Ukraine, hard luck Scotland, and none of that 'glad to lose to you guys' utter fucking pish.

6 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Before I go off on one, credit where it is due. Ukraine were miles better than us tonight and a well deserved win. Outclassed. Out thought. Out played. Out. Genuinely hope them and their fans have a good night. Hope they go on and pump Wales.

Now. Rant time.

We lost tonight because of one man. Steve Clarke. I can handle players performing below standard or outright shite. But we set up in a system with tactics that were never going to work, because theyve been proven not to work. We didnt play badly because of individual errors. We played badly because we trained and planned for a system that has ALWAYS made us play badly.

Dykes and Adams up top together do not work. It has never worked. They are too similar. 

For all the song and dance around him, McGinn is not, and never will be, a number 10 against good opposition.

We attempted to play an attacking formation and ended up nulifying our 3 most prominent attackers while confusing and overloading our midfield which have been class together for nearly a year.

Clarke over thought this big time and we paid the price. If I could see the inevitable as soon as the team was announced, why cant Clarke or any of his coachinf staff?

On a side note, can we leave the SOD slander now? Hickey was chosen tonight and had about as much attacking threat as a marshmallow.

Fucking fizzing.

How did we overload our midfield ?

Just home. I hate getting beat but getting beat when you haven't even tried is particularly galling.

We were second to everything tonight.

They shut us down quickly, played sharp one-twos ran at us, we were never in it. 

Humping high balls up to dykes is a tactic from the Neolithic age, get it to phuck 

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This, absolutely this, and let's throw in John Souttar warming his arse on the bench whilst Grant Hanley, centre-back for a Norwich team which recently conceded about 513 goals, roams the pitch like a buffalo without GPS.  Forget the emotion of the occasion this was an abysmal selection and performance in a game of such magnitude.

😂

Just to check I have this right:

- None of the players care 

- All of the players are absolutely shite

- All of the players purposely never try hard enough 

Is that correct? Obviously tonight was absolutely pish and there can be no excuses, but the above, according to some posters, are general points about the squad.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

and Hanley has had no good games for us ?