Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

Just now, hearthammer said:

Not comparing them, but Dalglish had the same "plays guidder for Liverpool" attacks in his time.  Maybe he was playing with better players ??

My God I think you've gone n solved it.

It's genuinely that simple. 

6 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I gave up watching bits of the game on French telly.

Strangely enough I'm not too upset. Quatar can go f**k itself.

I have a friend in Germany who has offered accommodation for the Euros in '24.

Not getting my hopes up...

Yes, it's all about me!   :)

Same! I'll be much more angry if we miss out on that. 

In terms of preparation fair play to the players that set up their own camp but other than McKenna and Robertson the rest of the squad had been a week since their final club games if not more. Could the bulk of the squad not have gotten together a week earlier rather than Sunday?

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Well, statistically, 99% of football fans are losers.  (I made up the % but the essence is true, most teams win nowt)

In Scotland, about 95% of clubs are losers.

Around 40% of fans are.

Just now, Ewan8472 said:

R U sure about Hickey , and McMuffin in midfield ?

I thought Hickey was one the least of our worries tbh, Patterson would be my first choice for that side but i don't think he was atrocious. 

McMuffin in midfield looked better but the change of shape and Ukraine sitting back a bit gave us a bit of momentum but it was too little too late. I don't know who he starts ahead of in the long term. Clarke likes him though, so he'll squeeze him in somewhere.

Clarke got it wrong from the off, again. Ukraine were the far better team, it could and should have been about 5. 

Need to dust ourselves off and get on with the Nations League now. Could do with a back door route into the next Euros again, just in case.

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

They were very good defensively but doesn't make up for how fucking shite we were, Hanley, Cooper & McTominay should be banned from the country

Ukraine were not good defensively, which is why Scotland got a comedy goal to keep them in a match they should have been sworded in. 

FTFY

We have a decent squad on paper. They are good enough for their clubs. Yet again at home to a nation around our level we don’t show up. The players simply aren’t interested and the so-called Scottish media couldn’t be more delighted that Ukraine won.

Watched McGinn's chance again. Absolutely terrible. Much like the Euros, you quite simply won't get anywhere against half decent sides when you miss fucking stupid sitters like that. 

Edited by Fratelli