Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

6 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Clarke’s inability to not play the exact same formation every game is staggering. We were so rigid and easy to play against. You don’t even have to move to mark our players. 

What a huge difference when we had players playing between the lines like Ukraine had with Yarmolenko. 

That is a fair criticism.

Can't believe it took him so long to change it up when it was so glaringly obvious we were absolutely toothless in the first half. Ukraine closed off every angle into midfield, our wing backs were getting no no joy at all and the 2 strikers looked so isolated early on. 

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

To rub salt in the wound, the other half says "how did it go?", then says a token "oh, that's a shame" and then goes back to caring more about the Great British Sewing Bee.

heid screwed on, happy with her simple lot

emotional investment in fitba is a mug's game

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

Can we now ban fucking weirdos like Bill Leckie and Graeme Souness from the country?

Absolute bunch of wet wipes asking to give Ukraine the win. Fucking set the tone for the absolute shitebag performance.

Shut up, ya roaster.

I gave up watching bits of the game on French telly.

Strangely enough I'm not too upset. Quatar can go f**k itself.

I have a friend in Germany who has offered accommodation for the Euros in '24.

Not getting my hopes up...

Yes, it's all about me!   :)

Congratulations to Ukraine who were by far the better side. Men against boys. We were shit all over the park. Too much fear with too many pass backs and side passes. They always tried to play the ball forward and looked comfortable. If we had to lose to someone I am glad it was them.

Rightly or wrongly Robertson's #bevvygate will stick for a while now. He's always had criticism from an element of our support for seemingly dropping his levels when he plays for Scotland, and this won't help at all. 

I actually recall him being consistently brilliant for us when he was at Hull. Probably a combination of him trying too hard to be a talisman and him facing more scrutiny has led to him being seen differently now. Some bafflingly poor bits of play from him in the second half.

Woeful performance tonight.

We looked better on the attack when Christie came on but it was too little too late after after a stinking 1st half.
McGinn's sitter summed it up. Thought Zinchenko tore us to ribbons at times with his passing tonight, some player.

9 minutes ago, Binos said:

Our formation allows players to play between the lines 

I guess every formation does in certain contexts/with the players you have available. But when you play it with two out and out strikers meaning you have your number 10 having to cover the full width of the pitch then it doesn’t allow you to play between their defence and midfield at all. 

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Hickey was fine i thought, compared to the more seasoned pros at least.

I'm expecting better from Hanley, Robertson, McGinn to start with. Hopefully that ends McMuffin in defence , looked much better in midfield.

Would have been daylight robbery had we even taken that to extra time. 

A world cup spread out over the US, Canada and Mexico sounds much more appealing anyway.

R U sure about Hickey , and McMuffin in midfield ?

1 minute ago, Glennie said:

heid screwed on, happy with her simple lot

emotional investment in fitba is a mug's game

Well, statistically, 99% of football fans are losers.  (I made up the % but the essence is true, most teams win nowt)

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

To rub salt in the wound, the other half says "how did it go?", then says a token "oh, that's a shame" and then goes back to caring more about the Great British Sewing Bee.

My wife complained that she'd missed the Sewing Bee to watch the game.  I could only join in.

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

Rightly or wrongly Robertson's #bevvygate will stick for a while now. He's always had criticism from an element of our support for seemingly dropping his levels when he plays for Scotland, and this won't help at all. 

I actually recall him being consistently brilliant for us when he was at Hull. Probably a combination of him trying too hard to be a talisman and him facing more scrutiny has led to him being seen differently now. Some bafflingly poor bits of play from him in the second half.

Not comparing them, but Dalglish had the same "plays guidder for Liverpool" attacks in his time.  Maybe he was playing with better players ??