Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

At no point since the draw was made have I thought we would not make at least the final, but I'm 100% shiting it now.

I've quietly confident we will qualify for at least one of Euro24 / Euro28 but I fear we will never get another opportunity where we have as realistic a chance of qualifying for the World Cup. In fact I didn't expect to see Scotland at a World Cup again because of how hard it is for the likes of us to qualify (favourable qualifying draw + consistent performances + higher seed having a poor qualifying + favourable playoff draw).

It's a golden opportunity. We earned it and now we simply have to take it

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I believe there was a substantial financial incentive for the players too and the pride of their qualifying record.

The financial incentive I believe was to not lose a single goal, which of course they lost when the Faroes scored in the 89th minute of their 9th game.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

The financial incentive I believe was to not lose a single goal, which of course they lost when the Faroes scored in the 89th minute of their 9th game.

I might be wrong but I thought it was for remaining undefeated. I can remember a figure being quoted  per player before the game at Hampden.

I haven't been this confident we would win a game since the Czechs in the Euros. 

Was just thinking this thread reminds me of the build up to that game [emoji28]
Ukraine have got a lot of good players and it would certainly be a surprise to no one if they were to come here and win tomorrow.
Going to be close either way.

The Ukrainians have a better operating rail network than us. Its only fair we pump them at the football, war or no war!

Edited by jagfox

29 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Glad to see I'm not alone in bricking it.

Copious amounts of alcohol seems like the only answer

Starting to get nervous myself. 

Anyone else heading through to Glasgow from Edinburgh around 12pm tomorrow?

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Was just thinking this thread reminds me of the build up to that game [emoji28]
Ukraine have got a lot of good players and it would certainly be a surprise to no one if they were to come here and win tomorrow.
Going to be close either way.
Yep, they're pretty bloody decent. Can see this going either way. Could be like vs Czech Republic... or could be like vs Denmark in November. [emoji27][emoji2][emoji27][emoji2][emoji27][emoji2][emoji27]

The hot takes are flying in.

Do we go with our trusted RWB who has performed well for us in many big games and has 25 caps under his belt or throw in a guy with 5 minutes of international football and who has (probably) never played right of a back 5 in his pro career.

3 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Apologies for the daft question, but want to avoid a mare - to confirm, it’s the same tickets that were originally issued (The ones with the March date)? Cheers!

My ticket for the original date was accepted today. So i presume so.

18 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

The hot takes are flying in.

Do we go with our trusted RWB who has performed well for us in many big games and has 25 caps under his belt or throw in a guy with 5 minutes of international football and who has (probably) never played right of a back 5 in his pro career.

Its probably not the game to throw Hickey in at RWB (and I’m confident Clarke won’t do so) but you could make a case for him despite the inexperience (after all Gilmour had his first start in an equally huge game at Wembley). If it came to a straight shootout between O’Donnell and Ralston however, I think I’d pick SOD based on his previous international contributions. It seems like it’s fashionable for fans to hate on him, but he’s been solid for most of his Scotland career including in some massive matches. 

Celtic fans' obsession with Ralston starting because he's had a few decent games in a side that basically never has to defend is joyous to watch. I wouldn't really have a problem with Hickey starting at RWB as I do think he's probably the best player available in that position, but there is zero chance whatsoever of Ralston starting.