Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Plus:

• Robertson is a complete off-the-rails alky, and will likely turn up reeking of beer and munching on a kebab
  • Che Adams secretly supports England (and deliberately misses chances for us)
  • Craig Gordon is 132
  • etc...

Obviously I'm joking. But I get where you're coming from - it does feel like a few things are stacking up against us.

So maybe it's helpful to focus on the positives:

• Of the players crucial to how we play, we are only missing one
  • We are at home
  • We are narrow but merited favourites
  • We played what was  - in my opinion - a tougher playoff vs Serbia and won. We're pretty good at these type of games.

Boom, Hell Yeah, let's get it done

5 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

I might be wrong but I think it’s the version that still gets played at Hampden now

Ahh I didn’t realise that. I’ll listen out tomorrow.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

I've booted the arse out of that claim for the last decade and a bit ☺️

Also they did we have a dream the following year and it made the top 40 (might have been the 0-0 with Norway when Iwelumo missed the sitter of the century) 

Anyone who was at that game can lay claim to have provided backing vocals for a top ten single 
Also they did we have a dream the following year and it made the top 40 (might have been the 0-0 with Norway when Iwelumo missed the sitter of the century) 
I wasn't at the Ukraine game but I was at the Norway game for I have a dream. It got to no.1 in Scotland so I always claim I've had a chart topping hit. Loch Lomond would undoubtedly have been Scottish no.1 too.

The very thought of this game is making me nauseous. Nervous AF, f**k knows how I'll feel tomorrow. 
Aye I'm going to struggle to sleep tonight!

A few of my mates who missed out got some tickets last night so having a Scoatlin perty in the gaff before the game. A few bevs definitely required.

10 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Hard to predict a team for the game. Hard even to predict the 23 man squad for the game so I just put the players into categories.

image.png.e02af1604afd718ba88c7003932bf085.png

McGregor is absolutely certain to start.  I would say the same for McTominay and Adams.....and would have said Gilmour if he hadnt had a recent injury.

Can't be arsed with all this sentiment and hand-wringing shite.

People say politics and football should never mix and then in the next breath will happily cede a football match for....erm....political reasons.

No chance, get them beaten and beaten soundly. Remember, this is the football team (not country, football team) who were openly discussing at the turn of the year how happy they were to draw us as they viewed us as a soft touch and a bye to the final. Get them beat, end of story.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

McGregor is absolutely certain to start.  I would say the same for McTominay and Adams.....and would have said Gilmour if he hadnt had a recent injury.

Fair enough, I think you're probably right but I wouldn't put my house on it whereas the other four I would.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

People say politics and football should never mix and then in the next breath will happily cede a football match for....erm....political reasons.

No chance, get them beaten and beaten soundly. Remember, this is the football team (not country, football team) who were openly discussing at the turn of the year how happy they were to draw us as they viewed us as a soft touch and a bye to the final. Get them beat, end of story.

Agree with the rest but on this bit, all 4 teams in our section were delighted with draw. I wouldn’t be getting annoyed about Ukraine being happy with the draw when similar things were getting said over here.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

They viewed it the same way Scotland did - very favourable.

13 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

They viewed it the same way Scotland did - very favourable.

When the alternatives were Italy and Portugal drawing anyone else while avoiding they 2 altogether was seen as a good result.

No problem with a team being happy to play us given the other possible outcomes.

On 14/05/2022 at 08:37, Karpaty Lviv said:

Tickets are still on sale. There will be a lot of Ukrainians based in England that are coming up and as you say more from elsewhere in Europe. I doubt they’ll be any Ukraine based fans being able to come over. 

9C8F7C80-E0FF-408B-9B67-E26F89A98DF4.png

I was sat in P6 for the last Ukraine game. Just a single row of seats overlooking a vehicle access.