Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

48 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m pretty sure you couldn’t get a train north of Perth after a game in “normal” times. Certainly not past Dundee. The trains they’ve now put in are pretty much what they usually would have as far as I can see.

Aye you're right. 

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Trains to Paisley, Gourock, Neilston, Stirling and East Kilbride is not "to Edinburgh and to nowhere else".

Tbh the announcement said extra trains to Embra. I don't really care that much about central belt as they're served very well by buses. The train to EK is shite anyway, and far too expensive. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59446100

Missed 2.

Hide contents

Christian Dailly and Stephen Pearson

Great game that. We played brilliantly. McCulloch scored a tremendous goal and McFadden's wasn't bad

I missed 1, the first guy that you’ve listed in your spoiler.

Never seen us start a game as well as that day.

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Hopefully we'll get the same on Wednesday.

We just absolutely blew them away in the first 10 minutes. Stadium was absolutely buzzing that afternoon, just as it will be on Wednesday.

We just absolutely blew them away in the first 10 minutes. Stadium was absolutely buzzing that afternoon, just as it will be on Wednesday.

My son was born a few days before this and Mrs B and him ended up having an extended stay in hospital. I had just went in for visiting when my phone started buzzing. I was trying not to celebrate when the first goal went in and then when my dad texted the second time, I thought it was going to be to say that Ukraine had equalised, so was delighted to see it was 2-0. Watched the game on Sportscene that night when i got home and they showed the atmosphere beforehand and it just looked fantastic. I was at the Lithuania game we won 3-1 and the atmosphere was brilliant that day, but that looked like it trumped it.

It was a very strong Ukraine team too and we smashed them, although I do recall a bit of trepidation when Schevchenko scored and pretty sure they had a great chance to equalise not long after, but second half we were in control and McFadden sealed it.

Full game is here:

Edited by DA Baracus

59 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Man. That was our last semi-decent team before the current bunch, and the current team are so, so much better than this bunch. That team had unbelievable levels of heart though. 

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It was a very strong Ukraine team too and we smashed them, although I do recall a bit of trepidation when Schevchenko scored and pretty sure they had a great chance to equalise not long after, but second half we were in control and McFadden sealed it.

Full game is here:

Outrageous bit of play from Brown in the third minute to win the free kick we scored from - smashing into the boy, keeping it in play with a back heel and then nicking it away. I often forget what 2004-9ish Scott Brown was like - charging about at full pelt for 90 minutes. One of the most complete Scotland performances that day, the whole momentum from the campaign built up to it and absolutely everything just clicked - you can feel it in the crowd even looking back 15 years later. 

Also - did they normally play what sounds like the first couple of seconds of Fools Gold before 500 miles or did the DJ press the wrong button after our first goal? 😂

Edited by Fratelli

23 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We should 100% try the Lee McCulloch routine with McGinn on the other side of the box if we get a chance early on.

The style of that goal actually reminded me loosely of McGinn’s goal against Israel.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Didn't Runrig record a live version of Loch Lomond at half time when we last played them at Hampden?

Yeah, I remember singing that! I don’t think I ever heard the final version of it in the end.