Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

39 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They didn't scrap it, they just started charging £5 return for it.

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/greater-glasgow/plan-journey/hampden-express

That's some job.  A bit of an awkward trip in that - at least the one we got - decided to do a big loop around Hampden and then drive away from it, abandoning everyone further up Cathcart Road - but it was a great alternative to having to get the train.  To charge for that, and more than you'd pay on the train, isn't it? That's fucking robbery.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

With the added bonus of perpetuating the "Robertson never plays well for Scotland" myth which appears to have ludicrously survived the ongoing lengthy unbeaten run.

Surely not. He's been absolutely rampant in some games.

Can't think of any specifically off the top of my head, before anyone asks, but he bloody has been.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

That's some update.  "Just letting you know, we're utterly shite at what we do, so if you actually want to get home, you cannae.  Soz"

Biggest game in fucking ages and we can't even really guarantee people will have options to get home outside of Glasgow.

Are we still the best wee country in the World. I’m not convinced. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I've decided that this game is an impending disaster. Tierney and Patterson missing out, the Ukraine narrative, Scotrail, the fact that the delay has put us in a worse place than March.

I need someone to snap me out of this.

Plus:

• Robertson is a complete off-the-rails alky, and will likely turn up reeking of beer and munching on a kebab
  • Che Adams secretly supports England (and deliberately misses chances for us)
  • Craig Gordon is 132
  • etc...

Obviously I'm joking. But I get where you're coming from - it does feel like a few things are stacking up against us.

So maybe it's helpful to focus on the positives:

• Of the players crucial to how we play, we are only missing one
  • We are at home
  • We are narrow but merited favourites
  • We played what was  - in my opinion - a tougher playoff vs Serbia and won. We're pretty good at these type of games.

With the added bonus of perpetuating the "Robertson never plays well for Scotland" myth which appears to have ludicrously survived the ongoing lengthy unbeaten run.

It was stupid enough when it had been a couple of years since he'd been properly great for us, but a couple of months is a new low for the daft p***ks.

Plus:
  • Robertson is a complete off-the-rails alky, and will likely turn up reeking of beer and munching on a kebab
  • Che Adams secretly supports England (and deliberately misses chances for us)
  • Craig Gordon is 132
  • etc...

Obviously I'm joking. But I get where you're coming from - it does feel like a few things are stacking up against us.

So maybe it's helpful to focus on the positives:
  • Of the players crucial to how we play, we are only missing one
  • We are at home
  • We are narrow but merited favourites
  • We played what was  - in my opinion - a tougher playoff vs Serbia and won. We're pretty good at these type of games.

Just need to watch the Denmark game again and I'll be all good.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Surely not. He's been absolutely rampant in some games.

Can't think of any specifically off the top of my head, before anyone asks, but he bloody has been.

He was superb against Israel. 

Putting extra trains on to Edinburgh and to nowhere else is pish. There are buses running there all night. The services are required to take people further out. It's a wider point but I think with fully nationalised transport this doesn't happen.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I've decided that this game is an impending disaster. Tierney and Patterson missing out, the Ukraine narrative, Scotrail, the fact that the delay has put us in a worse place than March.

I need someone to snap me out of this.

According to the Ukraine narrative…….we are fucked!

Reality though means we are winning 3 - 0  

You’ve made me feel better about this game 

Putting extra trains on to Edinburgh and to nowhere else is pish. There are buses running there all night. The services are required to take people further out. It's a wider point but I think with fully nationalised transport this doesn't happen.

I’m pretty sure you couldn’t get a train north of Perth after a game in “normal” times. Certainly not past Dundee. The trains they’ve now put in are pretty much what they usually would have as far as I can see.