Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

7 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Is there any reasonable alternative to getting back into town after the game? I was at the Sweden game at the Euros and it took an hour to get the train back in town, and that was with a normal timetable and only about 18,000 at the game.

Walking can be quicker than waiting in the queue at Mt Florida to be honest and if you walk the bus route to town then you can jump on one if it turns up.

First do express buses between Hampden and the city centre on matchdays but I've never used them so no idea if they are any quicker than waiting on the train.

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Hopefully something is sorted, even if it does the planning is absolutely dreadful.

I’m getting the train through on Wednesday lunchtime but glad I’m getting a lift back after the game. 

This will be chaos on Wednesday. 

I've decided that this game is an impending disaster. Tierney and Patterson missing out, the Ukraine narrative, Scotrail, the fact that the delay has put us in a worse place than March.

I need someone to snap me out of this.

Is there any reasonable alternative to getting back into town after the game? I was at the Sweden game at the Euros and it took an hour to get the train back in town, and that was with a normal timetable and only about 18,000 at the game.

I walked back to Queens Street station after the Isreal match and saw a few people getting on those hire bikes that they have around Glasgow and cycling back to the centre.
Obviously not advisable if you have had a few beverages before the game.

6 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Having delayed matches due to crowd issues with little or no warning on numerous occasions (eg. Saturday in Paris), is it beyond the wit of the authorities to bring this kick-off forward by an hour or so, given the chaos that could ensue ?

That would presumably have the opposite problem of people with pre-booked travel (or simply people with jobs) not being able to get there on time.

Did they scrap the free shuttle bus scheme they experimented with during the 2018 WC qualifiers? I used it a couple of times around then and found it quite handy, although obviously it'd only take a relatively small amount. Travel to and from Hampden for night (or any) games has always been a hassle. I know the infrastructure is what it is, but getting home from the national stadium just shouldn't be as much of pain in the arse as it. 

7 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Did they scrap the free shuttle bus scheme they experimented with during the 2018 WC qualifiers? I used it a couple of times around then and found it quite handy, although obviously it'd only take a relatively small amount. Travel to and from Hampden for night (or any) games has always been a hassle. I know the infrastructure is what it is, but getting home from the national stadium just shouldn't be as much of pain in the arse as it. 

They didn't scrap it, they just started charging £5 return for it.

https://www.firstbus.co.uk/greater-glasgow/plan-journey/hampden-express

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I've decided that this game is an impending disaster. Tierney and Patterson missing out, the Ukraine narrative, Scotrail, the fact that the delay has put us in a worse place than March.

I need someone to snap me out of this.

Unless I've missed something, Patterson isn't confirmed as out. He's in the squad.