Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

13 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I think I’ve ever read. If that’s your attitude to sport then what’s the point in even competing? Bizarre stuff.

Maybe I should clarify what I am saying.

Of course I want Scotland to be at Qatar finals, so I will be supporting and rooting for Scotland against Ukraine.

But! I am saying that whilst defeat is extremely disappointing, I won't lose my head or go into depression and will move on to the next project for Scotland. 

54 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Maybe I should clarify what I am saying.

Of course I want Scotland to be at Qatar finals, so I will be supporting and rooting for Scotland against Ukraine.

But! I am saying that whilst defeat is extremely disappointing, I won't lose my head or go into depression and will move on to the next project for Scotland. 

Is that because you prefer golf?

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

God forbid anyone to have an opinion that doesn’t exactly match Steve Clarke’s.

Steve Clarke is in the best position to make the selection given he has all the information to hand and has built a career in that particular industry. Nobody on this forum is going to be more clued in than Steve Clarke when it comes to decision making around selection and strategy.

4 hours ago, eez-eh said:

God forbid anyone to have an opinion that doesn’t exactly match Steve Clarke’s.

Unless it's thinking Billy Gilmour is a good player. Apparently you're allowed to disagree with Steve Clarke on that for some reason.

8 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Unless it's thinking Billy Gilmour is a good player. Apparently you're allowed to disagree with Steve Clarke on that for some reason.

I think he is a good player, just overhyped. People were saying he will be world class. I didn't see how you could say that at the time and nothing I have seen since has changed my mind.

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Steve Clarke is in the best position to make the selection given he has all the information to hand and has built a career in that particular industry. Nobody on this forum is going to be more clued in than Steve Clarke when it comes to decision making around selection and strategy.

Why do you spend so much time rewatching games and creating your wee spreadsheets before posting your thoughts on here if it ultimately doesn’t matter what you think, then?

18 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I think he is a good player, just overhyped. People were saying he will be world class. I didn't see how you could say that at the time and nothing I have seen since has changed my mind.

Your desperation to correct anyone who says anything positive about him and your weird "Cliff" patter suggest otherwise.

Edited by ManBearPig

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Why do you spend so much time rewatching games and creating your wee spreadsheets before posting your thoughts on here if it ultimately doesn’t matter what you think, then?

Sometimes I like the challenge of trying to figure out what Steve Clarke will do, but it has it's limits because I don't have enough of the picture. I also find it interesting to see what decisions he makes, how he has come to that point of view and you know the reasoning behind it etc.

I don't recall ever saying he should do this or should have done that because I'm not a football coach or an expert in the field. I just like commenting on what I've seen and trying to figure it out before or after games. Sometime I get it right and often I get things wrong.

6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Your desperation to correct anyone who says anything positive about him and you're weird "Cliff" patter suggest otherwise.

Well, you've formed your view on my attitude towards Billy Gilmour and I don't really care so have a good weekend. 👍 It wound you boys up something awful which was fun but yeah not bothered now.

Edited by 2426255

13 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He's got super macros on Billy Gilmour.

8 hours ago, MarkoDevilovich said:

Next Wednesday might tell us something 🤞

No single game will tell us anything. Over the past year Billy Gilmour has been good for the National team, not World Class - but pretty good on the whole.  

19 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

No single game will tell us anything. Over the past year Billy Gilmour has been good for the National team, not World Class - but pretty good on the whole.  

Indeed, no single game will tell us. Over the piece he has been very good. 

For a young guy he seems to have a very level head on his shoulders. 

He is the best prospect for the Scotland national team in years and handled correctly, right coaching, mentoring he will become the world class player we hope.

I don't get very excited over football these days, but Gilmour excites me and you can hear the buzz of a crowd of Scotland fans when he gets the ball. He has magnificent, simple footballing feet on him. He looks so comfortable on the ball.

If we get to Qatar and, barring injury, he will be there and could be such an exciting performer on the big stage.

Managed to get an Air BnB in Glasgow, thought this would be the better option than the supporters bud home.

Buzzing for this game, ended up watching the highlights from all the qualifying games last night.

The Isreal and Denmark home games were unbelievable.

If we do the business on Wednesday, I suspect that might just top them.