Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

On 21/05/2022 at 17:25, craigkillie said:

Scott Wright has to come into consideration surely, he's had a very good finish to the season and could be a really nice option off the bench.

He’d be no worse an option than that Jacob Brown guy, I suppose.  

Looking forward to us cuffing Ukraine to become the most hated team in the world and then losing to a last minute Bale overhead kick from 40 yards in Cardiff.
Charlie Adam pitch invasion to head it off the line then dribble upfield and score the winner for us.
The fat, piano-teethed jobby owes us that at least.

Looking forward to us cuffing Ukraine to become the most hated team in the world
I don't think many people around the world even realise Scotland are playing Ukraine soon. Your average French or Paraguayan football fan will simply look at the score and think "Oh, that's a pity. It would have been nice for Ukraine to qualify." Nobody's really going to give a f**k.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I don't think many people around the world even realise Scotland are playing Ukraine soon. Your average French or Paraguayan football fan will simply look at the score and think "Oh, that's a pity. It would have been nice for Scotland to qualify." Nobody's really going to give a f**k.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Tierney being out isn't exactly a surprise, but it's a massive fucking blow.  Not much we can do about it though, beat Ukraine and we can punt the leek munching c***s up and down their own midden.

I suppose we can look at it another way: Tierney was part of both of the recent friendlies where we crumbled to draws late on in both (okay, "crumbled" is a bit harsh for the Poland game, but apt for the Austria game). He is brilliant, but he doesn't guarantee success. We can do this without him.