Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Was really hoping this would go ahead this month 

Can’t see the request being turned down

Could we see some of the nations league games in June being moved to November before the World Cup and having the play-off games in June? 

I think it'll be postponed because FIFA will know it looks utterly dreadful if they don't but what's the chance the situation's going to look any better in June or whenever's put forward? Not great IMO. 

The honest truth is I'm just quietly seething because I've probably wasted my annual leave on this and a potential piss up in Cardiff. 

Edited by Louis Litt

It hardly needs to be said, but clearly there are no good options.

I’m desperate to see Scotland at another World Cup, but getting a bye wouldn’t sit well with me.

Worse still, playing half a Ukrainian team whose team mates could be fighting for their lives is absolutely unacceptable. 

Ultimately one of those two options might need to occur, but not before it’s postponed at least once.

We’ve seen the calendar moved before. No reason it can’t happen now.

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Could we see some of the nations league games in June being moved to November before the World Cup and having the play-off games in June? 

Not really. The only realistic option would be the already large international break in June being extended for the 4 teams in our playoff section by an extra week to fit the games in. If that’s in any way possible I think they’ll try that. 

I think Ukraine might end up being told there’s nothing that can be done though

1 minute ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

I think Ukraine might end up being told there’s nothing that can be done though

Considering the draw for the World Cup is next month you could be right 

Are they really holding off doing that waiting on Ukraine & Scotland?

7 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Realistically there is surely no chance Ukraine will be in a position to play this game in June.

This is my thought. I get its probably a "Here's hoping" but is a couple of months going to really make a difference? Could they be in an even worse position? 

No right answer really.

Flip the March and June games of Scotland vs Ukraine. Ukraine (presumably) forfeit the NL game.
If (massive if) Ukraine can play the semi in June then great. The final of our section can be added to the double header in September.

Fifa conduct the WC draw using the average ranking position of the two teams involved in the playoff final.

Apart from lost revenue to the SFA is there any reason the Nations League match couldn't double up as a playoff and LN match?

If I'm being really selfish here UEFA/FIFA have an obligation to two sides here and Scotland need to be given an opportunity to qualify for the world cup.  

Flip the March and June games of Scotland vs Ukraine. Ukraine (presumably) forfeit the NL game.
If (massive if) Ukraine can play the semi in June then great. The final of our section can be added to the double header in September.

Fifa conduct the WC draw using the average ranking position of the two teams involved in the playoff final.
Yeah but that also means squeezing a final in as well fucking up either Wales or Austrias fixtures

Apart from lost revenue to the SFA is there any reason the Nations League match couldn't double up as a playoff and LN match?
If I'm being really selfish here UEFA/FIFA have an obligation to two sides here and Scotland need to be given an opportunity to qualify for the world cup.  
Exactly the amount of idiots online saying we should just forfeit and let ukraine through. Aye good let's give up our best chance to getting to a world Cup for 25 years to a country that might no exist by the time the competition starts

Yeah but that also means squeezing a final in as well fucking up either Wales or Austrias fixtures

I.wouldn't say it'd f**k up their fixtures. We've been playing triple headers for a while now and everyone should be used to it.

Move the NL games back a day or two and play the final on the 27th September.