Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

Just now, Fratelli said:

Aye it seems like anyone who managed got them before 10, i'm still in the queue but from looking at a photo of the seating chart on Twitter it's almost definitely sold out now.

I would encourage folk to keep trying. The sales system for these big matches at Hampden is a shambles and sections that previously showed as unavailable will invariably reappear with seats to sell. They'll also announce that it's sold out at least 3 times before it actually is.

Just now, ChrisTel said:

I deleted the post as I literally got booted out just after the post like yourself. Apologies mate. Says sold out now.

No worries. Right f**k this, been on the night shift away to my scratcher. What a fucking shambles as per 

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

That's a relief, thanks for the update I was struggling to focus wondering if you had got your tickets.

No problem buddy, to keep you in the loop my email with the tickets has now arrived. Also I’m just going to put a pizza in the oven for dinner tonight and it’s currently raining a good bit here x

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Also I’m just going to put a pizza in the oven for dinner tonight

Might want to put it in closer to dinner time, if you put it in now it will come out a touch overdone. Just a wee tip for you mate

I wonder if it might be postponed until June when the final intercontinental playoffs take place, in the probably vain hope that there is peace by then. Would mean moving a couple of Nations League games but sure it would be doable.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Got back in again, same issues with "credit card verification" Has anyone found a solution as to get around this issue? I've made sure it's the correct card type and tried 3 different cards, debit and credit cards. Just keep trying? I've literally tried to pay about 20 odd times now

25 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I wonder if it might be postponed until June when the final intercontinental playoffs take place, in the probably vain hope that there is peace by then. Would mean moving a couple of Nations League games but sure it would be doable.

The draw for the finals is in April and the winner of our playoff route will be in different pots depending on who wins it so I don't see how that's possible unless they delay the entire draw which seems unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The draw for the finals is in April and the winner of our playoff route will be in different pots depending on who wins it so I don't see how that's possible unless they delay the entire draw which seems unlikely.

The intercontinental playoffs are already taking place after the draw for the finals, so it can't be that much of a problem. Only issue would be seeding. I assume the intercontinental playoff winners are just being treated as bottom seeds regardless of world ranking.

On 27/02/2022 at 17:27, Binos said:

You're aware there's about to be a world cup in Qatar and previous one was in Russia 

On 27/02/2022 at 16:30, craigkillie said:

This is absolutely true though. They did attempt to bribe people in lots of different ways to get the World Cup, but they bribed a lot less than Russia and therefore lost out.

This notion that they didn't get it because nobody likes them as a country can be very easily disproved by the fact that two of the last three World Cups awarded have gone to the highly popular Russia and USA.

In footballing terms, at the time of voting anyway, I don't think there is much doubt that Russia and the USA are less unpopular than England. They also carry far more clout globally in non footballing matters.

But being unpopular will only be one factor, they are losing because their bids probably aren't that good, and they probably aren't that good becasue they arrogantly think they are going to win anyway. Calling Wembley, a stadium originally built in the 1920s, the home of football says it all.

FWIW, having a World Cup in Russia absolutely made sense in 2018, as did holding one in the Middle East (even if Qatar isn't an ideal choice). In the US they already had one fairly recently but the US is still a huge untapped market so you can see why they are trying again. China would be an ideal future host too.

A world cup in England will attract precisely 0 new fans to football, in an already over saturated market, it makes no sense hosting it in the UK when their are untapped fans in huge markets like India, China and the USA.

59 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Do folk actually think this is gonna go ahead? Obviously the situation is very volatile at the moment but I can't help but think there's more chance this isn't on than it going ahead. 

Same

I know some people are saying they can select a squad from players playing outside Ukraine but I don’t think it’s that simple 

Especially when it comes to the financial and administration side of things 

Delighted to get a couple of tickets for this, seats not too far apart, either.

Hopefully there'll be some sort of collection outside the ground for Ukraine. Everyone chucking in a tenner (which I I'd be glad to do considering how cheap the tickets were), plus some matched donations from the business community could make a real difference.

Then hopefully give them an absolute pumping on the pitch.