Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

Rearranging might be possible, I think there would be a will from most associations including (I hope!) the SFA,  to help them fulfil the fixture at some point if they can because anything that causes a forfeit is too harsh on them.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I can’t see many UEFA countries lining up to host Russia. Belarus would bend over for them I’m sure but it would nice if UEFA told them to bolt given how involved they are in the whole thing.

Serbia definitely would.

Is anyone else now feeling a bit apathetic and uneasy about this game if it goes ahead.

I have been really looking forward to it since the draw was made and wanting Scotland to reach a World Cup for the first time in my children’s lifetime.

I do however wonder how the political/military situation will affect players on both sides mentally before any match.

2 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Is anyone else now feeling a bit apathetic and uneasy about this game if it goes ahead.

I have been really looking forward to it since the draw was made and wanting Scotland to reach a World Cup for the first time in my children’s lifetime.

I do however wonder how the political/military situation will affect players on both sides mentally before any match.

From a sporting perspective I don’t think it will do our chances of progression any favours that’s for sure.. these guys will be desperate to win

It definitely feels a bit less important than it did a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Yeah a bit. I don’t know how it’ll feel on the night (if it goes ahead) I think it’ll be a very weird atmosphere and I wouldn’t blame the players if it got to them.

Conversely I could probably handle getting beat by the Ukraine now better than anyone else. I.e Wales/Austria.

2 hours ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Would like to see a show of solidarity at hampden.. whilst we desperately want to win, it’s only a game .. would love to a big slice of blue and yellow in the home support. 

I was thinking the very same thing last night. There is a crowd funder for a big flag display, and it would be great if it was used for this.

It's probably a bit OTT or yer da, but someone on Reddit mentioned getting a fair few Scots to make a fist of the Ukrainian National Anthem when it's played.  I quite liked that idea.  You'll get people going absolutely heads gone over things and suggesting we just let Ukraine win or something, but doing something like that - or the flag display - is something where we could show support while still keeping it a sporting event.  I want us to pump Ukraine the football team, and I hope it's that attitude once it kicks off.