Scotland v Ukraine

Lex

I'm basically going to be spending the next 37 days hoping that

1. A'body remains injury free

2. Patterson gets a few games

And also reminding myself that this isn't the gimme that my heart says it is (I've been dreaming up 4 or 5-0 in my head).

It must be a bit stressful living in Ukraine right now though. Hopefully Russia and the yanks can be a decent bunch of lads as I've paid for two games against this  lot.

With all that is going on with Ukraine and UK relations at the moment, I bet we are going to see Borris Johnston at this game in order to be seen showing solidarity to Ukraine. Can you imagine what the crowd will be like if he rocks up with Jacob Rees Mog. Might even have the Ukraine president come to the game. If he gets poisoned in Glasgow more likely to be a dodgy kebab shop than Russian spy's.

Edited by morley

16 minutes ago, morley said:

With all that is going on with Ukraine and UK relations at the moment, I bet we are going to see Borris Johnston at this game in order to be seen showing solidarity to Ukraine. Can you imagine what the crowd will be like if he rocks up with Jacob Rees Mog.

If he does that, it will be another war he is starting that day.

The UPL is continuing as planned this weekend. Away end tickets are not on sale yet but I’ll guess they’ll be released the same time as Scotland general sale does. 

Personally I think this game will go ahead as planned, but will likely see the Nations League game played outside of Ukraine.

On 15/02/2022 at 16:33, Karpaty Lviv said:

The UPL is continuing as planned this weekend. Away end tickets are not on sale yet but I’ll guess they’ll be released the same time as Scotland general sale does. 

Personally I think this game will go ahead as planned, but will likely see the Nations League game played outside of Ukraine.

Away end tickets released today and mines purchased. £27. Really looking forward to it and seeing mates I’ve not seen in years. 

On 10/02/2022 at 22:18, lubo_blaha said:

Memberships aren’t on sale currently so you won’t be able to sign up just now.

There are 38,000 members entitled to one ticket each which I imagine the vast majority will take. That leaves a maybe 5-10,000 left for general sale once you take out hospitality, comps, debentures, away fans etc. You probably have a decent chance as long as you get in the queue before the sale time.

Cheers, left it too late for the memberships sadly.

Will I be able to purchase two tickets together at the same time on general sale does anyone know?

Also what time is best to join the queue / what is sale time?

On 16/02/2022 at 11:17, Stellaboz said:

Definitely. He told me that after that he'd never let Fraser look after his car for 2 quid.

Yep, well time will tell. Clearly trust and unity in the squad is important to Steve Clarke.

If Steve Clarke leaves Ryan Fraser out when he is playing regularly then fair enough, because it will emphasise that the team as a whole is more important than individuals. Alternatively, if he opens a dialogue with Ryan Fraser and comes to a conclusion that involves Ryan Fraser in the team (Like Eddie Howe has potentially done) then I think that could also be a mature way of handling this situation.

On 14/02/2022 at 21:34, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed

Only the feeble minded who lap up the MSM lies believe Russia will invade 

Ah, are those the lies which the "sheeple" believe, while global geopolitical analysts like yourself (probably with tenure at a prestigious research institute...?) have a much clearer and deeply informed view af all the permutations?  What lies, specifically?

Just an idea - but no-one actually knows what is going to happen in Ukraine, so unless you have a hotline to the Kremlin and Vladimir Vladimirovich has confided in you personally, maybe it's you who are making "feeble minded" claims.

2 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Artem Dovbyk, top scorer in the league this season so far, has picked up an injury and looks set to miss out. With Yaremchuk out of favour at Benfica, could look quite bare up top for Ukraine.

As far as Artem Dovbyk goes it's still unconfirmed from what I've seen: Gym related injury to his chest muscles, requiring surgery - potentially out for 5 - 6 weeks. I think Roman Yaremchuk is still in the new Benfica's managers thoughts. He isn't their first choice striker right now but that could change quickly and he is getting  okay minutes. 

image.png.09f7d01bb8f0476ed9d71fcd46cbdb9e.png

Edited by 2426255

So what would everyone's line up be just now then? Big decisions around RCB & RWB but for me based on form:
Gordon
McTominay Hanley Tierney 
Hickey mcgregor gilmour Robertson
Armstrong Mcginn
Adams
Only issue I have there is McTominay at RCB.
I thought we had progressed from that? I know he can play that role and is particularly good at bringing the ball from defence, but I also can't help but recall the couple of times he's been turned inside out by opposition attackers coming at him. Hendry - if he gets back into the Bruges side - for me in that role.

15 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Only issue I have there is McTominay at RCB.
I thought we had progressed from that? I know he can play that role and is particularly good at bringing the ball from defence, but I also can't help but recall the couple of times he's been turned inside out by opposition attackers coming at him. Hendry - if he gets back into the Bruges side - for me in that role.

Yea its a tough one. I admittedly don't watch a whole lot of English football but every time I've saw Man Utd recently Mctominay has played like an absolute machine. Think he wlll be important against Ukraine for a bit of steel wherever he plays. If Hendry does play RCB then for me Gilmour drops out and Mctominay and Mcgregor play together. Probably not a popular opinion but just basing what ive saw recently. Great problems to have though!

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

Think he wlll be important against Ukraine for a bit of steel wherever he plays. If Hendry does play RCB then for me Gilmour drops out and Mctominay and Mcgregor play together.

Horses for courses, depends on what Steve Clarke wants from his midfield. From what I have seen of Ukraine, their primary midfield options aren't particularly athletic. I think if we choose to play a technical midfield we won't be badly dominated physically, but maybe Steve Clarke will see our best strategy as trying to physically dominate Ukraine's midfield. 

It will be interesting, we have options in how we start and if it isn't working to change things around.

Edited by 2426255