Wheel of Time (Amazon Prime series)

Stellaboz

Anyone else been watching the much awaited Wheel of Time series on Amazon Prime? 

When I watched the first 3 episodes last week I felt a little bit underwhelmed with the casting and the adaption from the books. However, episode 4 has brought me right back into how I imaged this in my head. I think it's going to be huge and the lass playing Nynaeve has her spot on, utterly brilliant. Morraine is portrayed perfectly also with Lan. 

Not started watching it yet, but my first impression on seeing the cast list was "they have f**ked it" . 

Happy to be proved wrong though. 

For my tuppence-worth, they should have squeezed Marion Cotillard in there. 

Also - and this is a controversial one - but I reckon Harry Styles would have made a good Matt. 

Discuss. 

I haven't read the books so can't judge how the adaptation has gone. I'm a sucker for fantasy so quite enjoying it. Helped that they put up 3 episodes in the first week.

Something I have heard is that they've recast Mat for the second season. I thought he's been one of the better members of the younger cast.

Haven't read the books either but quite liking it so far. I thought Episode 4 was the best yet.

Guessing like Game of Thrones there's a ton of extra detail in the books that it's either going to be really difficult to get across in a TV show or they just simplify it a lot.

Haven't read the books either but quite liking it so far. I thought Episode 4 was the best yet.
Guessing like Game of Thrones there's a ton of extra detail in the books that it's either going to be really difficult to get across in a TV show or they just simplify it a lot.
Yeah probably this. There's a few story changed but that's absolutely fine, means that for some of us we get two different storyline which doesn't make it bad.

• 3 weeks later...