Brechin City V Darvel...........Monday night TV Stars

Really looking forward to this one .

Will be interesting to see how much we have improved since meeting Kelty in the play offs.  All reports are that Darvel are of similar quality to that Kelty team so it certainly isn't going to be easy. 

Hearing reports that Max will be missing from our midfield so that will be a bit of a  blow for us if true.  He didn't play in the last  cup game but the opposition that day wasn't exactly very testing .  It might also be the case that our keeper Jack Wills may miss out as well which would be a shame as he is on a great run of clean sheets at the moment.

With that being said though,  I think we have  a good depth of squad to cover with all our squad apart from Luc Bollan available and more than ready to play their part . 

Just hope the TV cameras don't give them any stage fright on the night. 🙈

Really looking forward to this game. Would have been nice if you could’ve got Talbot-Accies, Clydebank-Clyde and Brechin-Darvel on the tele as they all looked like great ties. 

going to predict a 3-1 Darvel win with a MotM performance from David Galt 

The novelty of a Brechin game on TV and my flight home today has been delayed until 6:30pm.  😔

If everyone could pray for a flight cancellation to let me watch this, that would be great.⚡

Eta:  BBC on the ball as usual:

image.png.21fde1036b903687d5ef424bfca6b463.png

Absolute stick on that one of the pundits / commentators will refer to Darvel as being a junior outfit. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Good to see there's a Scottish game on TV for the next 4 days.  This tonight then 3 nights in a row on Sky showing a Premiership game.  What's Darvel's form like?  

The form team in the division. They've won at least their last 6 league games. Currently fifth in the league, 10 points behind Talbot with a game in hand.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

We taking bets on what bizarre punditry combination BBC Scotland will have for this tonight? Mark Wilson would be a shoe in normally as ex celtic and a former Brechin manager but he doesn't seem to get much work from the beeb

After punting his training kit to a charity shop , I don't think he'd get much of a welcome at the glebe................although we wouldn't be as petty as ban him altogether. 

12 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Chances of Murray Mackintosh playing? He's a pal of mine, so would watch if he was starting. I'll need to keep an eye on the lineup coming out. 

He might make an appearance at some point . If wee Max isn't playing he'll have a good chance of starting

22 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Thanks, fingers crossed. Hows he been for you?

He's been quite good when he's played . Unfortunately for him the midfield has been quite consistent and he's had more subs appearances than actual starts.

But he's part of a good squad and it's all about just doing the business when you get the chance. Hopefully if he gets a game tonight he doesn't disappoint. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Good to see there's a Scottish game on TV for the next 4 days.  This tonight then 3 nights in a row on Sky showing a Premiership game.  What's Darvel's form like?  

There is also the rare treat of Queens v Morton in the Diddy Cup on Alba on Wednesday night.