Banks O' Dee v East Fife SC 3rd Round

resk

Starting a topic for this because there isn't one yet.... I'm going to guess there are no Banks O' Dee fans on the P&B? 

This'll be an interesting matchup between the Junior hosts and the team propping up League 1.  I have no idea what kind of crowd will be in attendance at Spain Park - the Dons play at Parkhead on Sunday, but Cove's match a mile or so up Wellington Road, and the minging weather, might minimise any "no game at Pittodrie" boost they might otherwise have got.  

3 hours ago, resk said:

I'm going to guess there are no Banks O' Dee fans 

You are correct. When Montrose played there ten years ago it was committee and a few family members only for the home team.

Cover is minimal there and the weather is absolutely horrendous. Not for the faint-hearted if the game goes ahead.

Will be an intriguing game as Banks are a good side and will test the struggling Fifers.

23 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

You are correct. When Montrose played there ten years ago it was committee and a few family members only for the home team.

Cover is minimal there and the weather is absolutely horrendous. Not for the faint-hearted if the game goes ahead.

Will be an intriguing game as Banks are a good side and will test the struggling Fifers.

?

banksodee4.jpg
banksodee21.png
banksodee22.png

19 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

?

banksodee4.jpg
banksodee21.png
banksodee22.png

That second and third stand is a fairly new creation and definitely wasn't there during our cup game in 2009. Took nearly two hours in the Moorings for me to dry out afterwards. 

Think this should be on as it's not too horrible up here just now, but not likely to be a pretty game. (EDIT: some snow due, so maybe a 50/50 shot of being off)

Edited by Scorge
sheeeeeeeeeeeit

22 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Just being pedantic, but they're "(The) Dee", not "Banks". Like calling Ross County, "Ross", sounds wrong!

Edited by Cyclizine

Well done to Banks O Dee though Buckhaven Primary would have beaten East Fife today.The Board should have given Darren Young this match.

Only 3 players even put in effort.unfair to pick on one but Chris Higgins was miles off it,barely mobile.

Referee was presumably a local ham.The worst I’ve seen for a long time,though his performance was not as bad as the East Fife team.

Probably finished any chance of Frail getting the job,though any potential manager would run a mile after watching that.

Checked the score when I got up and just laughed. We are absolute garbage and that was pretty much a full strength team.

The new manager needs to be appointed quickly. Roll on May so we can get rid of these absolute charlatans. The squad needs a massive overhaul.

5 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

Just being pedantic, but they're "(The) Dee", not "Banks". Like calling Ross County, "Ross", sounds wrong!

Going to start calling @Ross. Cunty out of respect. Strathspey Thistle is a difficult one for me, "Jags" could just as well mean Buckie and Strathy just sounds wrong, like what the kind of person who says "footie" would call them.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Going to start calling @Ross. Cunty out of respect. Strathspey Thistle is a difficult one for me, "Jags" could just as well mean Buckie and Strathy just sounds wrong, like what the kind of person who says "footie" would call them.

And like those who call Barcelona's ground the Camp Nou.

Kerwans the lot of them.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Reminds me of the time I convinced a punter in the pub I was working in over here that I’d been named after the football team.