Jump to content

The Hearts v 7th place hopefuls St Mirren


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Might be crap patter but where’s the counter argument? Hearts are doing what would give our Top 6 Tony CEO a hard-on.  Where’s our ‘top 3’ season? Top 6 season? Anything other than fcuking hoping Hamilton / Ross County / Killie / Gretna / insert name of top flight bottom feeding rival are even fcuking worse than us season? Every top flight season in recent memory is the same. The players and manager change, but ir’s ingrained in our DNA to be pish to watch, relegation battling, bottom 6 shite. We simply cannot have a go at any Jambos fans who are having a go at us. Not until we prove it onfield, and achieve, even for a brief moment, a ‘Motherwell or St Johnstone’ top 6 season.

Aye but at least the Broncos are 5-5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought first half hearts were poor, probably the poorest I've seen us this year (I missed the Motherwell game). Also St mirren pressed us man for man and forced us long which we were only too happy to oblige with. I said to my mate they can't do that for 90 minutes and I think second half they dropped deeper. 

Gordon has kept us in the game big time and then once we scored we settled a bit and ended the game stronger. 

If I was a st mirren fan I'd be disappointed not to take anything there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought we were pretty crap again. Gordon is worth his weight in platinum when we aren’t playing well. Hopefully step it up a few gears v Celtic. Devlin’s booking looked like nothing, and I thought the wee fatty ref was totally incompetent, for both sides. I was beginning to wonder if he was just giving decisions to slow the game down, because he was so unfit, he couldn’t keep up with the action.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Might be crap patter but where’s the counter argument? Hearts are doing what would give our Top 6 Tony CEO a hard-on.  Where’s our ‘top 3’ season? Top 6 season? Anything other than fcuking hoping Hamilton / Ross County / Killie / Gretna / insert name of top flight bottom feeding rival are even fcuking worse than us season? Every top flight season in recent memory is the same. The players and manager change, but ir’s ingrained in our DNA to be pish to watch, relegation battling, bottom 6 shite. We simply cannot have a go at any Jambos fans who are having a go at us. Not until we prove it onfield, and achieve, even for a brief moment, a ‘Motherwell or St Johnstone’ top 6 season.

I have been saying the exact same thing for years convinced some c**t put a curse on us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, DC92 said:

It's actually more like 0 times in the last 35 years.

I checked and it's 9 times since the war
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St_Mirren_F.C._seasons

Weirdly they had a run of 7 (seven) consecutive top 6 finishes starting in 1979 which ended when they capitulated to Celtic at the end of 1986 and they finished 7th behind Dundee

They've not been a top 6 side since then

Middle aged St Mirren fans who think 10th isn't good enough are arguably as haunted by the season that ended that golden era as their Hearts contemporaries are supposed to be



 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I checked and it's 9 times since the war
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St_Mirren_F.C._seasons

Weirdly they had a run of 7 (seven) consecutive top 6 finishes starting in 1979 which ended when they capitulated to Celtic at the end of 1986 and they finished 7th behind Dundee

They've not been a top 6 side since then

Middle aged St Mirren fans who think 10th isn't good enough are arguably as haunted by the season that ended that golden era as their Hearts contemporaries are supposed to be



 

So you're saying they traded ever having a Top 6 finish again, just to shaft you lot in 86?

Worth it IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

So you're saying they traded ever having a Top 6 finish again, just to shaft you lot in 86?

Worth it IMO

I'm far too much of rational humanist to believe in Karma but any Hindus out there might want to read it that way.  

It was more about the way people anchor their expectations for a club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm far too much of rational humanist to believe in Karma but any Hindus out there might want to read it that way.  

It was more about the way people anchor their expectations for a club. 

I’ve always found neutrals celebrating the return of the OF duopoly, and a non-OF team losing out to Celtic, a bit weird. I get it from Hibs and Celtic supporters, but it’s frankly oddball as f**k when it comes from supporters of clubs like Dundee United or St Johnstone. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I’ve always found neutrals celebrating the return of the OF duopoly, and a non-OF team losing out to Celtic, a bit weird. I get it from Hibs and Celtic supporters, but it’s frankly oddball as f**k when it comes from supporters of clubs like Dundee United or St Johnstone. 😄

Ah but it's not just any team. It's fucking hearts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I doubt we take first place 
He probably means something along the lines of 'worse than one of the old firm in particular' 

Suspect you are correct. As I said, “oddball” thinking. I can categorically state that I’d be happy to see any other club than Hibs win a trophy/division at the expense of the OF. There you go though, clearly the ‘big team and wee team’ mentality is as strong as ever in some parts of Scotland. 🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...