The Hearts v 7th place hopefuls St Mirren

7 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Absolutely shite since the first goal. Lots of stupid fouls in our own half, not enough players getting forward and terrible passing from Ronan and McGrath. Erhahon needs to get a game and I’d like to know how Dennis has got ahead of Main in the pecking order.

In fairness they are both brutal, add in Erwin and you can see why we don’t score many goals.

FT 2-0
Hearts better second half, so probably deserved the win.
Gordon did make two or three good saves at 0-0 early on in the half right enough.
Then a terrible pass by McGrath gifts Hearts possession in the final third and they’re one up. Then a foul - which I wasn’t sure was a foul - and one of the best free kicks I’ve seen for a long time from Kingsley 30 yards out and it’s 2-0 game over.
We need Erhahon back in the team. It’s fine having one 30+ year old who passes sideways in the team. But having both Flynn and Power beside each other doing the same thing doesn’t work. It’s too slow and ponderous.
We’ve won three games this season and Ethan has started - and played a vital part - in them all. Hopefully he’s fit for Wednesday, big game at home to County.

4 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

First half we were absolute dugshite, second half we upgraded to being merely dugmeat. Would take a real cheeky **** to give it the billy big baws stuff today.

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116cfbad3a6d8ad9fe63

Who knew Connecticut only had 4 letters 😲

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Stupid from Shaugnessy at the end there but thought it was very harsh from the ref to send him off.

He had his arm wrapped round the players waist, pretty average booking to be honest.

Saints had the best chances but the quality of Hearts was the difference, you guys were worth your win.

Just now, Empty It said:

Stupid from Shaugnessy at the end there but thought it was very harsh from the ref to send him off.

Especially as it leaves us with no defence for next week. 

Thought we played well today at times but if you don't take your chances, you'll get hee haw. 

4 minutes ago, Torfason said:

He had his arm wrapped round the players waist, pretty average booking to be honest.

Saints had the best chances but the quality of Hearts was the difference, you guys were worth your win.

Got to disagree I know goals count and we shot ourselves in the foot for both but I don't think Hearts deserved that .Was a game we have lost when we were the better team for most of the game.

Don't think we can have a go at our manager today, if we take our chances we win. We played pretty well until Hearts went 1 up but there was only going to be one winner after that happened.

Daft from Joe, you don't give these robots an opportunity to flash a card. 

I thought we were complete shite till we scored and very lucky* not to be behind, but once we scored we completely dominated and should really have scored more goals if not for some awful decision making.

Kingsley's free kick was absolutely top drawer filth.

* in so much as having a top class keeper performing at peak form can be classed as lucky.

8 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought we were complete shite till we scored and very lucky* not to be behind, but once we scored we completely dominated and should really have scored more goals if not for some awful decision making.

Kingsley's free kick was absolutely top drawer filth.

* in so much as having a top class keeper performing at peak form can be classed as lucky.

I thought both keepers played well today. 

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Difficult to tell if hearts stepped up a gear in the second half or if St Mirren we’re just unable to keep up the impressive work rate they produced in the first half

Probably a bit of both

Looked to me like the 1st goal was always going to win it.