The Hearts v 7th place hopefuls St Mirren

Not the fixture you want on winless run. 

We'll need to up our performance levels if we want a positive result here. Need to be on our game for the full 90 if we want a win.

Hearts were impressive in Paisley imo, especially the first half. One of the best teams we have played.

13 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not the fixture you want on winless run. 

I can see why you'd say that but we're were rotten at home to Dundee and Livingston and our best performances have come away from home. Hearts aren't having their best spell either. We completely outplayed Motherwell (albeit only getting a draw) yet last week they deservedly turned Hearts over. 

Hearts on their day are a good side but I wouldn't write of our chances of taking something. 

Seventh place hopefuls who are currently ‘checks notes’ … sixth. But yeah, seventh in May would be just fine tbh.
Can’t see past a comfortable home win here. Hearts have a bigger budget and better players than us, so this should be a straight forward three points for them. That will put them above Celtic in the league and right back in the title race.
3-0

12 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Both sides have the most draws in the league, so this will be the most underwhelming bet for a draw I'll have put on for a while.

I would take that draw right now.

We rarely get pumped, but I do expect Hearts to win this relatively comfortably, albeit not by a big margin. Early goal for Hearts should settle it.

(The obvious footnote here is that we have tended to pull out a few decent results right at the point when I'm questioning our tactics most strongly, but this run of draws and losses really has been quite dismal.)

Watched the final episode of Irvine Welsh's Crime the other day. There is a scene where the main character, during a therapy session, tells her all about attending the final game of the 1986 season and he turns into even more of a seething frothing mess. Its interspersed with footage from the day which I found very amusing and highly entertaining. Would thoroughly recommend.
Anyway I digress.....score draw.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Seventh place hopefuls who are currently ‘checks notes’ … sixth. 

Although only by a point and Hibs the team in 7th have a game in hand which on current form means 'checks notes' ... Oh I see, sorry to have bothered you, as you were

48 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I would take that draw right now.

We rarely get pumped, but I do expect Hearts to win this relatively comfortably, albeit not by a big margin. Early goal for Hearts should settle it.

(The obvious footnote here is that we have tended to pull out a few decent results right at the point when I'm questioning our tactics most strongly, but this run of draws and losses really has been quite dismal.)

If you play for the draw, you'll probably get it. Dundee United were fortunately open which helped, but teams that sit in are harder nuts for us to crack. With the array of attacking midfielders we have now, we really should have addressed that issue.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

46 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Watched the final episode of Irvine Welsh's Crime the other day. There is a scene where the main character, during a therapy session, tells her all about attending the final game of the 1986 season and he turns into even more of a seething frothing mess. Its interspersed with footage from the day which I found very amusing and highly entertaining. Would thoroughly recommend.
Anyway I digress.....score draw.

Symptomatic of Welsh's work then, where he's relying on crowd-pleasing tropes to cover the fact he used all his original ideas nearly 30 years ago

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

If you play for the draw, you'll probably get it. Dundee United were fortunately open which helped, but teams that sit in are harder nuts for us to crack. With the array of attacking midfielders we have now, we really should have addressed that issue.

Goodwin does not do sit in tactics to be honest apart from when we are at Govan and Parkhead. 

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Symptomatic of Welsh's work then, where he's relying on crowd-pleasing tropes to cover the fact he used all his original ideas nearly 30 years ago

So true. I take great pleasure in how bitter and twisted the man now is. 😄