Chav destinations

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Am I a Chav?

3 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Location Dundee - Check

Yes, I’m afraid to say, you are indeed a Chav.

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I do actually still wear a cap, and have always owned at least 1 pair of Nike Air Max.

I was once compared to lotto lout Mikey Carol. 

f**k this working caper, missed all of this.

But wholeheartedly agree with it. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Oman! Were on the puns are we?

Someone, at some point, is going to come out with "puns are Shite - emirate?", but it won't be me. Oh, no.

You should've left it Al Ain.

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It amazes me the amount of people I know who go to that Ocean Beach and spend about 3 days wages to get some pictures for Instagram.

See also lying on the beach in Cancun when you could exactly the same sun tan far closer to home.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

See also lying on the beach in Cancun when you could exactly the same sun tan far closer to home.

I can't agree with this. Yes the sun is the same, but the quality of food, drink and service you get in Cancun is miles ahead of what you get for similar money in Europe.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I can't agree with this. Yes the sun is the same, but the quality of food, drink and service you get in Cancun is miles ahead of what you get for similar money in Europe.

Consider me corrected.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Consider me corrected.

Consider me in your camp 101. Went to an expensive resort in Jamaica 20 or so years ago.

The combination of long flights, cost and experience once there, just spend the same amount on a modestly researched holiday in Europe and I’ll buy that every time over anything long haul. 

African safaris excepted of course. Real elephants, hippos and giraffes in their natural surroundings are worth every penny.  

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

The combination of long flights

Long haul for a beach holiday would put me off unless it was for a special occasion like I get why folk go to the Carribbean or places like Bora Bora for their honeymoon, but for a big standard family holiday I couldn't be doing with the hassle.

47 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I was brought up in Leven, which was the Benidorm/ Blackpool destination of choice during the Glasgow Fair in the 1950s/ 1960s. A slightly upmarket version of Arbroath as we had putting greens and Johnny's Bingo. 

And trampolines!

And a wildlife park (the glen)

Also used to have a genuinely good beach.

Edited by Newbornbairn

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. 

It was nice while it lasted, Johnny.. but this is goodbye. I'll never forget you. x

Be as well saying that to a pair Karhu's. They won't last, unlike me and my Nike Air Max. 

I can mind when Karhu was unheard of and Asics were shite, can't say the same about my Nike Air Max. 

You have upset me.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Solway Lido Silloth.....

I was just away to post that. We had a family holiday there in the summer of 1986. The place was crawling with Glasgow neds.

It's also not too far from Sellafield. We were there just a few weeks after the Chernobyl disaster. I was convinced that we were about to suffer the same fate.

Edited by Paul Kersey