Kelty Hearts v Montrose

broomiesniper

13 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

this should be a good game, both teams in form in their respective leagues, but will this be seen as an opportunity to rest players by either side?

I reckon both teams will see it as winnable so would make sense to put a decent team out and hope for a big tie in the next round

I can’t see any reason in the world why either team would not be desperate to win this and get through to mix it with the Premiership clubs. 

22 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t see any reason in the world why either team would not be desperate to win this and get through to mix it with the Premiership clubs. 

wouldn't be the first time, SP made big changes against Bonnyrigg and an atrocious performance followed.  Hopefully learn from getting to the last 16 last season by playing strongest available

15 hours ago, broomiesniper said:

wouldn't be the first time, SP made big changes against Bonnyrigg and an atrocious performance followed.  Hopefully learn from getting to the last 16 last season by playing strongest available

I am sure he said before last season's game away to Nairn County that he had learned from previous campaigns in the Scottish Cup and he wouldn't be making the same mistakes again, a direct reference tom the Bonnyrigg debacle IMO. 

I know there's the caveat off just being a one off cup game, but his should be a decent sighter for K£lty and what they can expect next season when they go up (would be an enormous bottle job if they didn't).

Reckon this is fairly even on paper and would take the replay in all honesty, even with our good form considered.

Edited by Scorge

Replays at this stage should get in the sea. Just play it to a finish on the day  and stop fucking up the calendar. 

Aye, it's an absolute disaster that a league game needs to get played in one of the 20 odd midweeks that are available for it.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Aye, it's an absolute disaster that a league game needs to get played in one of the 20 odd midweeks that are available for it.

I like replays myself plus it gives the clubs extra revenue.

Hard one to call today you would expect the Mo to win at home but Kelty seem to score more goals on the road than at NCP.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That’s a good point, but then you’ve to remember that the bulk of the playing staff from both clubs are part time and have day jobs that they will need time off from. Needlessly if you play the first match to a finish.

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

Oh well. Congratulations Kelty I suppose. The Cup is a needless distraction for us anyway.

Sorry to miss out on the midweek game due to previous arrangements. That's my concession money lost to your revenues. I have no idea how it will play out on Tuesday but hope to get up later in the season.