Dundee vs. Motherwell

48 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

A good win no doubt, but I think some of us are more amused at the assertions of a few of you guys rather than 'in bits'.

You absolutely handed us our arse without question, but if we're an utter gang and worst team you've seen, as described by some... how come we're 8pts and 6 places better off in the league than your good selves? Would you rather be in our position, or the McPake led, play off spot you currently occupy? Are those guys confident that you will pick up the minimum of 3 wins more than us required over the rest of the season to finish above us? I'm fairly confident it won't happen. 

Enjoy your Saturday, while I console myself with the scant consolation of laughing at our neighbours being punted out the cup by a junior mob.

Dictionary definition of 'in bits' right here.

Motherwell fans are really bad at taking a loss, I remember this being the case after the League Cup game on here, partly because of similar posts on here and partly from Motherwell 'fans' attacking Dundee fans after that game.

I especially like Motherwells tactics from their first kick today to aimlessly lump the ball up to probably the two most physical centre halves in the league.

Like others have said Motherwell are probably the worst team we’ve played this season by some considerable distance. 

Some of their fans bumping their gums about how long they’ve been in the league etc. wasn’t long ago Killie fans were saying the same thing.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

Was it ever confirmed why Motherwell fans couldn’t buy tickets in Dundee?

Something weird going on at the club. We apparently used Motherwell's commentators for DeeTV, barely had any of the usual match day Twitter build up that we usually have and obviously this incident. 

Think our manager had contracted Covid (?) too which seems just to be getting vaguely nodded to in his post match stuff as he wasn't able to be with the squad for a while.

Bizarre all round tbh.

38 minutes ago, ropy said:

TBF we're also getting told that for the game on Wednesday.

From what I saw, if you hadn't bought and collected your ticket by about 6 tonight then you can't go.

I especially like Motherwells tactics from their first kick today to aimlessly lump the ball up to probably the two most physical centre halves in the league.
Like others have said Motherwell are probably the worst team we’ve played this season by some considerable distance. 

Some of their fans bumping their gums about how long they’ve been in the league etc. wasn’t long ago Killie fans were saying the same thing.
St Mirren weren't much better in the 2 games we played them.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

There apparently was a last minute PATG option.

It was 100% cos they thought the game might have been off.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

There apparently was a last minute PATG option.

It was 100% cos they thought the game might have been off.

Probably yes 'cos we're good c***s and didn't want ticketless boys spending time and money travelling through to find the game off.

As I say, guid c***s we are.

Was out yesterday afternoon with the kids. Forgot my phone. 
Got in, hurriedly checked Flashscores with eager anticipation. 
Swore loudly, launched the phone. 

Well done Dundee. For some reason I can deal with this much better than getting a doing off your tangerine neighbours. Can’t be dealing with them at all.

The end. 

35 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Was out yesterday afternoon with the kids. Forgot my phone. 
Got in, hurriedly checked Flashscores with eager anticipation. 
Swore loudly, launched the phone. 

Well done Dundee. For some reason I can deal with this much better than getting a doing off your tangerine neighbours. Can’t be dealing with them at all.

The end. 

Michael Buble Flirting GIF by bubly

Fair play to Dundee.

As for our lot? A few of us had mentioned having nagging doubts going into this game but fucking hell.

Who knew Sean fucking Goss was actually holding the team together. Again, fucking hell.

Fwiw, I can't argue with anything from Alexander in the post-match @Ludo*1 posted. Hopefully he didn't miss our collection of shitebags after the game. It's something that needs fixed.

Guest superward

I'm sure GA doesn't go into the dressing room after a game. Sure he said that before. 

Heavy dread for a Sunday before going into training on Monday for the lads!

19 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Bizarre refereeing

Indeed, how you managed to keep 11 men on the park was incredible. The amount of persisting fouling by a number of Well players seem to go above the referee, anyone with a bit of competence (I know, difficult when talking Scottish refs) would have seen at least one red card.

Indeed, how you managed to keep 11 men on the park was incredible. The amount of persisting fouling by a number of Well players seem to go above the referee, anyone with a bit of competence (I know, difficult when talking Scottish refs) would have seen at least one red card.

Dundee were very good at breaking up the play with fouls as well. It’s a good tactic. You’re not as soft as you used to be.

The incident I mentioned there was when we tried to take a quick free kick and it hit a Dundee player three yards away and Napier just let play go on instead of a retake. The tube.

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Dundee were very good at breaking up the play with fouls as well. It’s a good tactic. You’re not as soft as you used to be.

The incident I mentioned there was when we tried to take a quick free kick and it hit a Dundee player three yards away and Napier just let play go on instead of a retake. The tube.

If a team decides to take a quick free kick, the normal rules around distance don’t apply. If your player thinks that taking a quick free kick is the best option then ends up firing it off an opposition player 3 yards away, that’s not the referee’s problem. 

Only if a player stands right on top of the ball in a deliberate attempt to prevent the quick free kick is there an issue.