Dundee vs. Motherwell

Considering our only two midfielders fit to play on Saturday are Adam and Gowser, I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing how we deal with that. We've already conceded 9 in the last 2 home games, I fear what that stat may look like over the last 3 home games after this weekend.

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering our only two midfielders fit to play on Saturday are Adam and Gowser, I'm not particularly looking forward to seeing how we deal with that. We've already conceded 9 in the last 2 home games, I fear what that stat may look like over the last 3 home games after this weekend.

McPake to play McMullan centre mid again? Fucking hell.

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Does Adam tend to complete the 90 minutes when he plays?  There was a drop off in performance when he had to go off at Fir Park but would he have finished the game if he hadn’t been injured?

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. Sort of.

He's played a fair bit but midfield's been an issue for us this season. Arguably the Hearts game on Saturday was the first time it's looked vaguely functional and I don't think there would be any argument that it was one of our best performances of the season. That was with Slattery, Maguire and Goss as the midfield 3. O'Hara wasn't in the squad (not that the two things are linked we've won our fair share with him starting and playing the 90).

I'm not sure whether that performance and the boy we're signing from Bohemians will have a knock on in terms of how much O'Hara plays. If that makes sense?

He started the season with an injury so missed most of pre-season but pretty much went straight into the team when he was fit.

I think we have to be careful not to put Saturday down to just personnel (which you did - but many won't), it was a dramatic shift in tactics and approach from all that preceded it. I don't think just Hearts were surprised and probably upset their gameplan, but so were much of the home support. Probably explains why Nielsen has some sand in his fanny during his post match interview, he lost but was also outfoxed.

A good player will look average if tasked with a role that doesn't play to their strengths and quite often this season I feel GA's tactics have hobbled a lot of our players and drew them personal criticism by a support not looking at the context surrounding their poor performances at times.

With Jordan McGhee ruled out, Shaun Byrne ruled out and Max Anderson doubtful that means we are down to a midfield 2 of McGowan and Adam or McPake does some batshit mental experiment.

Well done on the 3 points Motherwell.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm starting to have a strange feeling we'll be bottom of the table come this time next week.

Ross County look decent - think they’ll beat United on Saturday. From what I’ve seen of County I think they have enough to finish above the bottom 2. We need to catch Livingston as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm starting to have a strange feeling we'll be bottom of the table come this time next week.

I agree.  I reckon Ross County will take at least a point off United.

To be fair I don’t think any of us can even remotely complain if we are bottom come Saturday 5pm.

38 minutes ago, Desp said:

This has got 1-0 Dundee, and a shitshow of a Motherwell performance, all over it.  

It would be the most Motherwell ever to lose to an allegedly depleted Dundee team after picking up 2 unexpected wins on the bounce.

You’d like to think our current mindset and competition for places can see us avoid such an outcome however.