Dundee vs. Motherwell

Congrats again to Dundee on today's win. Shat all over us, but one swallow appears to be making a summer here for a few of you in terms of the two teams standings.
Scotland's third longest established top flight team, with 36 years in the bank absolutely bodied on the day by the dictionary definition of non-entity yoyo club. By the seasons end though, we'll finish comfortably above you yet again, and possibly even in a different division. Enjoy your night, you deserve it, but know your place boys.

Congrats on your 30 odd years. Motherwell are by some considerable distance the worst team I’ve seen this season, including us, and we’re shitee.

24 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Fair play to Dundee. From the 25 mins or so I watched They deserved it,  seem to on a wee bit of a decent run the now.

I'm enjoying them giving it billy big baws.

Genuine question: When did Dundee last finish above Motherwell?

2014/2015 you finished second bottom 

Just now, Fifespud said:

Congrats on your 30 odd years. Motherwell are by some considerable distance the worst team I’ve seen this season, including us, and we’re shitee.

100% agree, purely based on our performances against you we've been fucking dire. We have, however also turned in a few decent showings like last week vs Hearts. With what we've got, and a couple of shrewd additions in January though I'm sure we'll be more than fine.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's just delicious mate. Keep it up.

Not to end up going down the whole 'sore loser' road all night (which I am tbh, so get it up ye), but it's just simple facts.

Feel free to bookmark that post and give me a shout at the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

100% agree, purely based on our performances against you we've been fucking dire. We have, however also turned in a few decent showings like last week vs Hearts. With what we've got, and a couple of shrewd additions in January though I'm sure we'll be more than fine.

I've no doubts about that. There's obviously a reason you have the points you do. 

I'm beginning to maybe see why Alexander tends to get punted from his clubs down South. When it's not firing on all cylinders, it's playing with all the organisation of an U12 team but if the fans forgive shite like today he'll have you midtable-ish. Would that be a fair assessment of Alexander's tenure or am I just spouting pish?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've no doubts about that. There's obviously a reason you have the points you do. 

I'm beginning to maybe see why Alexander tends to get punted from his clubs down South. When it's not firing on all cylinders, it's playing with all the organisation of an U12 team but if the fans forgive shite like today he'll have you midtable-ish. Would that be a fair assessment of Alexander's tenure or am I just spouting pish?

Didn't Neville come out and say he made a mistake in sacking him ?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Decent assessment tbh. We've had some good performances under him, and some utterly dire ones like today in which we really do play schoolboy stuff. After the dire ones he often comes out with the same shite that Robinson before him did.

He's had a massive rebuild on his hands, as he came in to a bloated clusterfuck  of a squad. This team is half his, so I'll give him the January window to bring a couple more bodies in and judge him then. With the nature of our season so far I'd take mid table mediocrity right now.

I was informed of a death in my family at 2pm today, I was going to drive home but was encouraged to attend the match.  I didn’t realise that the news had filtered through to the players as the performance was mournful.

I thought we looked up for it as we started the second half with a 4-2-4 but the early goal killed all ambition.

Does Toby train on a longer pitch than the rest?

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

2014/2015 you finished second bottom 

Aye I thought so. I wasn't sure what division you guys would have been in then.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

did motherwell not vote to keep themselves up one season.

Probably. About 2003ish

59 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

obviously he'd forgotten about that..selective memory motherwell supporters club.

Think you've a few too many WKDs mate. I explained my question in my reply to Robin Hood up there. No need to get butt hurt it was a serious question.

33 minutes ago, Girth said:

Motherwell are good c***s but their fans are in bits here. 

Great win.

Thank you. 

A good win no doubt, but I think some of us are more amused at the assertions of a few of you guys rather than 'in bits'.

You absolutely handed us our arse without question, but if we're an utter gang and worst team you've seen, as described by some... how come we're 8pts and 6 places better off in the league than your good selves? Would you rather be in our position, or the McPake led, play off spot you currently occupy? Are those guys confident that you will pick up the minimum of 3 wins more than us required over the rest of the season to finish above us? I'm fairly confident it won't happen. 

Enjoy your Saturday, while I console myself with the scant consolation of laughing at our neighbours being punted out the cup by a junior mob.

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

A good win no doubt, but I think some of us are more amused at the assertions of a few of you guys rather than 'in bits'.

You absolutely handed us our arse without question, but if we're an utter gang and worst team you've seen, as described by some... how come we're 8pts and 6 places better off in the league than your good selves? 

This is why you're being viewed as 'in bits'. You fail to see that those needn't be mutually exclusive. 

23 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

You absolutely handed us our arse without question, but if we're an utter gang and worst team you've seen, as described by some... how come we're 8pts and 6 places better off in the league than your good selves? Would you rather be in our position, or the McPake led, play off spot you currently occupy? Are those guys confident that you will pick up the minimum of 3 wins more than us required over the rest of the season to finish above us? I'm fairly confident it won't happen. 

Enjoy your Saturday, while I console myself with the scant consolation of laughing at our neighbours being punted out the cup by a junior mob.

Early night for you Sweetcheeks x