Dundee vs. Motherwell

There was a couple of minutes there where it looked like we might carve out a chance, but in the end Dundee will be disappointed they didn't score more, as we seemed to be perplexed by any ball played forward by Dundee. Grimshaw trying to replicate this art didn't work out.

Slattery continuing to foul away after his early booking was something, he's let that most fouls table get to his head.

Utterly dire. Second best from first whistle to last in a complete horror of a showing. Big wake up call after 2 decent wins.

For every couple of decent performances, we follow up with an abomination like that. Fair play to Dundee, they played well and did what they had to do with very little resistance. 

A real good look at ourselves and big improvements required before the better of the Dundee minks roll into town on Tuesday.

No one will convince me otherwise that Motherwell aren't the worst team in the league. Don't care what the league table says, that's 3 horrific performances they've turned in against us and I include the game where they won after we fell to shit when Adam went off.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No one will convince me otherwise that Motherwell aren't the worst team in the league. Don't care what the league table says, that's 3 horrific performances they've turned in against us and I include the game where they won after we fell to shit when Adam went off.

If only there was a way to measure how good or bad teams were.

I guess we'll never know.

Well then, that was a piece of piss. About all your could ask for in today's performance, with Mullen once again showing why he deserves the starting spot up front. A rare clean sheet too, but helped by Motherwell's sheer ineptitude in our half.

f**k knows how Van Veen isn't starting for you, always impresses me when I watch him. Considering all the questions I had about the midfield going into today, I'm dead chuffed about how they dominated the middle of the pitch. Hopefully Anderson is fine, looked to just be a niggle. Every time we've won this season, we've lost someone (Byrne vs. Dons & Sheridan vs. Buddies), and Ashcroft and Anderson hopefully don't continue that.

Wednesday is humongous, but it's against our kryptonite. We've been knocking down these bogey fixtures this season (first with Aberdeen and now Motherwell), and really need to keep it up. Play with the same intensity today, and we surely finally beat those fermer chumps.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well then, that was a piece of piss. About all your could ask for in today's performance, with Mullen once again showing why he deserves the starting spot up front. A rare clean sheet too, but helped by Motherwell's sheer ineptitude in our half.

f**k knows how Van Veen isn't starting for you, always impresses me when I watch him. Considering all the questions I had about the midfield going into today, I'm dead chuffed about how they dominated the middle of the pitch. Hopefully Anderson is fine, looked to just be a niggle. Every time we've won this season, we've lost someone (Byrne vs. Dons & Sheridan vs. Buddies), and Ashcroft and Anderson hopefully don't continue that.

Wednesday is humongous, but it's against our kryptonite. We've been knocking down these bogey fixtures this season (first with Aberdeen and now Motherwell), and really need to keep it up. Play with the same intensity today, and we surely finally beat those fermer chumps.

You know the drill. You've started this thread. Keep it going.

Clearly GA has a problem getting some of the players motivated for playing against mobs like this.

The signings in January will help as GA continues building his own team. Absolutely no danger of us falling out of the league this season.

Dundee however...

4 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Clearly GA has a problem getting some of the players motivated for playing against mobs like this.

The signings in January will help as GA continues building his own team. Absolutely no danger of us falling out of the league this season.

Dundee however...

Guy Fieri Eating GIF

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Still think Motherwell will be 1 of the team’s we need to catch to not be in the bottom at the end of the season. 

Fair play to Dundee. From the 25 mins or so I watched They deserved it,  seem to on a wee bit of a decent run the now.

I'm enjoying them giving it billy big baws.

Genuine question: When did Dundee last finish above Motherwell?

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Form tables are pretty good for that.

IMG_20211127_182116.thumb.jpg.48e0be9c0db3c48f64a452ad5ac6d24e.jpg

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yep, performances against your club.

Absolute gang.

Congrats again to Dundee on today's win. Shat all over us, but one swallow appears to be making a summer here for a few of you in terms of the two teams standings.

Scotland's third longest established top flight team, with 36 years in the bank absolutely bodied on the day by the dictionary definition of non-entity yoyo club. By the seasons end though, we'll finish comfortably above you yet again, and possibly even in a different division. Enjoy your night, you deserve it, but know your place boys.

Edited by 'WellDel

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Congrats again to Dundee on today's win. Shat all over us, but one swallow appears to be making a summer here for a few of you.

Scotland's third longest established top flight team, with 36 years in the bank absolutely bodied on the day by the dictionary definition of non-entity yoyo club. By the seasons end though, we'll finish comfortably above you yet again, and possibly even in a different division. Enjoy your night, you deserve it, but know your place boys.

That's just delicious mate. Keep it up.

Just back. Truly woeful display. I thought the Airdrie performance was hard to beat for drudgery but that first half was truly woeful. Right from the first minute the body language from the players told you everything you needed to know. Not one of them wanted to play in the bitter north wind. Every player just going through the motions. Not one player gets a pass mark in that first half and I include Kelly who stopped a near certain 5 goals half time lead for Dundee instead of 2-0

2nd Half we brought on Van Veen and Roberts and the bollocking from the manager. lots of huffing and puffing. Van Veen off the post but inevitably Dundee score a well worked goal. Its schoolboy errors my son said all Dundee are doing is creating overlaps on the wings and firing balls into the box. We just couldn't deal with Schoolboy football.

BTW Dens Park pitch is just one big sand dune...truly awful..do you just spray the sand green?

I die inside any time Nathan McGinley gets the ball or goes anywhere near active play. He is eye bleedingly awful.

Edited by Well Well