Dumbarton vs Sauchie

The Moonster

There aren't too many Sauchie/Sons links (Martin Mooney is one mind you @The Moonster) but I had a really good chat with Darren Petrie, who some of you might remember from a loan spell with us under Ian Murray years ago.

His story is a really sad one after he was forced to retire at 23. But with the way he speaks about the game and his attitude I reckon he'd be an asset to any team in a coaching role.

It's here if you're wanting a read

Its a shame that we don't do something similar to German football - the lower placed team getting the home tie. Part of the interest in drawing a pyramid team is in going to an away ground that you wouldn't normally get to travel to.

£12 entry is very reasonable. Would be good to get a healthy crowd along, particularly people who maybe aren't regulars but fancy seeing what a home game at Dumbarton is like. It would also be great if the clubs could agree a shared number of free kids tickets to try and encourage young fans along. Could give Sauchie 100 free kids tickets and make 100 available to local Dunbartonshire school kids.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

3 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Its a shame that we don't do something similar to German football - the lower placed team getting the home tie. Part of the interest in drawing a pyramid team is in going to an away ground that you wouldn't normally get to travel to.

Home advantage & a potential cup run > visiting new grounds

looks like a clacks double for you lot most likely

but a potential banana skin still 

not going to our tie at £18 quid

but apparently i am not a real fan now 

Alan Hansen played for these guys and is from sauchie ( trivia time  ) .

looks like a clacks double for you lot most likely
but a potential banana skin still 
not going to our tie at £18 quid
but apparently i am not a real fan now 
Alan Hansen played for these guys and is from sauchie ( trivia time  ) .
My daughter's girlfriend is from Sauchie and she had never heard of Alan Hansen until I remedied that.

19 hours ago, Tamhain said:

Both the Hansen brothers played for Sauchie and later for Scotland.  Can remember seeing George Connolly play there in the early 80's along with Frankie Cole who was superb at Alloa before emigrating to Australia. 

Joe Craig as well scored with his first touch for Scotland.