Petty Things That Please You thread

Thorongil

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Getting a phone operator with a Scottish accent.

I'd completely forgotten this but a few years ago I phoned a (USA) help desk to hear a gentleman with a very refained Morningsaid type accent. Delighted, I asked him where he was from.

Mumbai.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I'd completely forgotten this but a few years ago I phoned a (USA) help desk to hear a gentleman with a very refained Morningsaid type accent. Delighted, I asked him where he was from.

Mumbai.

I wonder how much they'd pay you in a Bangalore call centre if you have a genuine and clear Scottish accent, nothing too weegie. 

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder how much they'd pay you in a Bangalore call centre if you have a genuine and clear Scottish accent, nothing too weegie. 

Judy Dent scored a gig as a corporate trainer at a Jaipur one in 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'. Her accent's not all that Scottish though.

On 27/11/2021 at 16:06, Duszek said:

Managing to get the petrol pump to stop at xx:00.

“Get in” plus nod of satisfaction, then off.

I dunno if I'm just showing my age (36) or the petrol pumps are more sensitive these days, but in my youth I used to always get it to stop on the :00.  Now it's very rare that I do.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I dunno if I'm just showing my age (36) or the petrol pumps are more sensitive these days, but in my youth I used to always get it to stop on the :00.  Now it's very rare that I do.

By the time you hit 36, the answer to "is it just my age, or" is always that it's just your age  :P

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why don't you just use the £5,£10 or £20 buttons? 

It’s only the Tesco ones up here that have that function. And they’re always mobbed.

Nothing to do with age and everything to do with the price of diesel/petrol nowadays. The counter spins that quickly that it's frigging impossible to stop it on the zeros