Petty Things That Please You thread

Thorongil

I love cracking my fingers. And toes and knees and ankles. Incredibly relaxing. 

it used to really bother my wife but one day I accidentally cracked one of her fingers and she got curious. I then showed her it was just a knack and she will sometimes ask me to do it for her. She no longer complains when I do it. 

I won one!!!

8 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

it used to really bother my wife but one day I accidentally cracked one of her fingers and she got curious. I then showed her it was just a knack and she will sometimes ask me to do it for her. She no longer complains when I do it. 

Read over this a few times. Sorry, but it has an entirely different context for me..

1 minute ago, broon-loon said:

Read over this a few times. Sorry, but it has an entirely different context for me..

With mild reflexology I can make my joints make a kind of clicking or cracking sound. It’s very relaxing. 
you know the kind of thing. 

when I was a kid people used to say “oooh you’ll end up with arthritis” but this is a myth. 

Sometimes ill wake up in the middle of the night and have a momentary panic ive overslept, check the time, see its something like 4am and then curl up all toasty like Eric Cartman for a couple more hours of blissful peace.
Finding loose silvers or even pound coins on the ground outside, picking up coppers doesnt feel worth the effort but a 50p someone has dropped (provided its not grotty looking) is getting in my pocket.

Similarly, I don't think there's any better feeling when you wake up slightly in the morning and your brain is convinced you've to be up for work before realising a few seconds later that you're actually off that day. Absolutely magic.

The supreme satisfaction of sending a small item of rubbish in a perfect arc into a bin or waste paper basket saving yourself a few steps and a couple of seconds of valuable time while clinging on to the slim hope that it's not too late for a career in the NBA.

Doubly satisfying if it's from a seated rather than standing position.

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The pop when a new pot of jam is opened.

PTTGOYN if it doesn't open easily.

Pttpm is after failing to open a jar, running the lid under a hot tap for a few seconds and having it open with ease afterwards. Lovely.

Getting into my bed after getting up for a pee in the middle of the night. Freezing flat, toasty bed. Perfect.