Petty Things That Please You thread

Thorongil

I’ve got one which is really sad and petty but which pleases me immensely. 

when I’m wearing my Apple Watch and I open the lid of my aging MacBook, it says “opening with Apple Watch and the computer just unlocks without me having to type in the password. And I get a wee vibration from the watch.

50 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I’ve got one which is really sad and petty but which pleases me immensely. 

when I’m wearing my Apple Watch and I open the lid of my aging MacBook, it says “opening with Apple Watch and the computer just unlocks without me having to type in the password. And I get a wee vibration from the watch.

Sick your watch on your knob and keep flipping the lid, then you'll never leave the house.

When someone hasnt noticed the traffic lights have turned green; i get to give them a short little beep of the horn and revel in the smug satisfaction that (at least for those few short seconds) im a more attentive road user than they are. Its also a pretty safe and innocuous road event that at worst loses a few seconds off your journey time.

On a nicer note - when theres a red light up ahead of me in a slow moving queue of traffic and i get to let someone out from a side road. All about that best flow of traffic baby.

Kinda afraid im morphing into alan partridge as i get older.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Crows leaving it until the last moment before hopping out of the way of a car.  Cool, calm, collected, and if they could then they would probably say "don't worry m8, I'm on top of this f***in' situation".

7 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

When someone hasnt noticed the traffic lights have turned green; i get to give them a short little beep of the horn and revel in the smug satisfaction that (at least for those few short seconds) im a more attentive road user than they are. Its also a pretty safe and innocuous road event that at worst loses a few seconds off your journey time.

On a nicer note - when theres a red light up ahead of me in a slow moving queue of traffic and i get to let someone out from a side road. All about that best flow of traffic baby.

Kinda afraid im morphing into alan partridge as i get older.

Seeing a red light ahead, lifting off and judging your approach to perfection so when you arrive at the junction at 15mph just as the light goes green you seamlessly pick up and carry on. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Crows leaving it until the last moment before hopping out of the way of a car.  Cool, calm, collected, and if they could then they would probably say "don't worry m8, I'm on top of this f***in' situation".

My old cat used to enjoy sitting in folks’ parking spaces as they’d arrive home. He’d stare them down and when they eventually got out the car to walk up to him to shoo him off he’d stroll away, satisfied at having won the encounter with ease. 

37 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Not too attentive to The Highway Code, however.

Meh. I get you're only meant to use the horn for warning, but a short beep seems to be the done thing. A full on seething blast would be a no-no, same if its a learner.

Half the time they're dicking about on a mobile hence why theyve missed the lights change so getting their focus back on the road is sensible.

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Removing the foil seal from a jar of instant coffee.

I like to peck at the foil seal with a pen to see how many holes I can put in it before it detaches from the jar.

I don't know why I do this but it's a petty thing that pleases me.