Queen’s Park v Kilmarnock

an86

I thought we were alright today if a bit lackluster. We just weren't remotely threatening going forward but what can you expect when you have one striker in the entire squad?

Ferrie was excellent and kept the scoreline respectable, but the goal we conceded was really poor and I still can't understand why Fox isn't getting a game.

Fairly entertaining game, not a terrible performance by any stretch of the imagination but nothing to suggest our recent poor form is likely to change any time soon.

I thought we were alright today if a bit lackluster. We just weren't remotely threatening going forward but what can you expect when you have one striker in the entire squad?
Ferrie was excellent and kept the scoreline respectable, but the goal we conceded was really poor and I still can't understand why Fox isn't getting a game.
Fairly entertaining game, not a terrible performance by any stretch of the imagination but nothing to suggest our recent poor form is likely to change any time soon.

Was not entertaining as we all knew the outcome of the game before kickoff….that’s the problem.

5 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I think the Fox situation has come to a head today. I don't really care about today's game, we are not going to win the cup but the selection clearly shows to me that there has to be a major fall out between Fox and Ellis. I do not think we will see Fox starting a game again. Would much prefer to see Ellis go and keep Fox.

Like many, I really can't understand why Fox isn't playing as I think we have clearly missed him throughout this recent poor run.

I too had wondered if there was a fallout behind the scenes, however I noticed after the game today that Fox and Ellis were the last two to come over to clap the fans, they then turned to each other and high fived (or more accurately, a covid safe elbow bump type thing). I'm no body language expert, but it certainly didn't look like there was any bad blood between the two.

Which makes it even more baffling that Fox isn't starting. Does Ellis see something in training that we don't that makes him favour others over him, or does he just not rate or trust him as much as other players.

I doubt we'll ever know, but I'm hoping it won't take injuries to others before he in the starting 11 again.

Edited by Ben Reilly
Grammar and spelling

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Like many, I really can't understand why Fox isn't playing as I think we have clearly missed him throughout this recent poor run.

I too had wondered if there was a fallout behind the scenes, however I noticed after the game today that Fox and Ellis were the last two to come over to clap the fans, they then turned to each other and high fived (or more accurately, a covid safe elbow bump type thing). I'm no body language expert, but it certainly didn't look like there was any bad blood between the two.

Which makes it even more baffling that Fox isn't starting. Does Ellis see something in training that we don't that makes him favour others over him, or does he just not rate or trust him as much as other players.

I doubt we'll ever know, but I'm hoping it won't take injuries to others before he in the starting 11 again.

I saw it differently Ben Reilly. Fox was sending a message to the fans by carrying his Hoops top. He was close but walking in a slightly different direction to Ellis. Ellis went to him and when the gaffer offers a hand in full view of the stand it’s hard to not to reciprocate. If and when Grant is fit he’s got a big enough ego to tell Ellis who he wants alongside him, which we know from last season is Kilday. Morrison is third choice. And apparently now Davidson, who was awful yesterday, is a fourth option. Ellis would be as well having a shirt with Useless Twat on the back for Fox.

Maybe the big guy was saying farewell yesterday. His former club are going well in the National League. Unless he’s got other interests in Glasgow his football career is on hold. I hope I’m wrong but I’m doubtful we’ll ever see Charlie Fox play for QP again. Though given our continued lack of firepower and strength from our strikers I’d love to see him play 90 minutes as a target man for McHugh to play off.

Yesterday all but confirmed what Ellis thinks of Fox. To pick Davidson who looked massively short of fitness(understandably) suggests that he’s not favoured anymore. We all know Fox is the best centre half at the club. Something must of happened and I’d be more surprised if Fox was a qp player once January is passed 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I saw it differently Ben Reilly. Fox was sending a message to the fans by carrying his Hoops top. He was close but walking in a slightly different direction to Ellis. Ellis went to him and when the gaffer offers a hand in full view of the stand it’s hard to not to reciprocate. If and when Grant is fit he’s got a big enough ego to tell Ellis who he wants alongside him, which we know from last season is Kilday. Morrison is third choice. And apparently now Davidson, who was awful yesterday, is a fourth option. Ellis would be as well having a shirt with Useless Twat on the back for Fox.

Maybe the big guy was saying farewell yesterday. His former club are going well in the National League. Unless he’s got other interests in Glasgow his football career is on hold. I hope I’m wrong but I’m doubtful we’ll ever see Charlie Fox play for QP again. Though given our continued lack of firepower and strength from our strikers I’d love to see him play 90 minutes as a target man for McHugh to play off.

It’s like he has been made the scapegoat for the fiasco in the closing minutes of the Alloa game which is strange given that other players were more at fault than him that day and kept their place for weeks. Our  defending from crosses since that day has been laughably bad as well.

He played in all of our 5 league wins (something we haven’t managed since he dropped out of the team) with 4 clean sheets.

Edited by Spider Rico

My understanding on Saturday was that it was felt we needed a bit more pace at the back to cope with Killie's forwards. It'll be interesting to see what the defence looks like this week with no Michael Doyle. Harsh red card but it was two-footed although it didn't look like he made contact with the player, just the ball.

I felt we were poor at picking guys up around and in our box but then I watched Match of the Day and saw English premier sides doing exactly the same thing. That didn't make me feel any better, to be fair.

On the "result was a foregone conclusion" comments, it was only 0-1, hardly a stroll. Certainly, Killie were the better side but I think we did look more up for it than at Peterhead.

Massive game against Falkirk. Maybe season-defining.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

My understanding on Saturday was that it was felt we needed a bit more pace at the back to cope with Killie's forwards.

So what's the reason for Fox not getting selected in all the previous games?

You can have all the pace in the world but if you're a centre half and you can't jump to head a ball away that's come straight to you in the six yard box then what's the point. Your basic job at a corner is to attack the ball or mark a player. Neither happened. Our centre defence hardly won a header all game and as a partnership it didn't work at all 

On 27/11/2021 at 20:17, Zanetti said:

He played very well, better than he did at Peterhead. Two great one on ones first half and did superbly to get back for that one that was nearly sliced over him second half. Could he have come for the corner at their goal though?  Maybe I'm being harsh but I like to see my keeper getting balls around the six yard box (or at least punching them clear) I did feel for him playing behind that central defence, he was left exposed time and time again but stood up well