Queen’s Park v Kilmarnock

an86

Hard to see beyond a comfortable away win. We fold any time the other team scores or anytime the clock nears 90 minutes and we have something to hold onto.

Hoping Laurie Ellis won’t be in charge by Saturday, but fear he will be. Our league position flatters us greatly. Three of our five wins were in August and we’ve been unable to beat any of the bottom three in our past three games. It’s not as tricky a fixture as some Killie fans might think it is.

1 hour ago, Fide said:

We’re either going to win comfortably or struggle to string more than two passes together and lose to an 87th minute trundler. No in between. 

Wouldn’t worry about the latter. If we take the lead in the 87th minute, we’ll simply defend so deep that our defence is almost able to order a pint at the Star and Garter, fill our nappies and still end up losing the game. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Wouldn’t worry about the latter. If we take the lead in the 87th minute, we’ll simply defend so deep that our defence is almost able to order a pint at the Star and Garter, fill our nappies and still end up losing the game. 

I wouldn’t worry too much either. I think we last came back from a losing position in about 1953. 

Not on the season ticket. Sales are not looking brisk for the home end. Could be our poorest home Scottish Cup support for years. Killie look like they’ve sold a decent amount.

Next couple of games would have been great if we actually had a stadium. Close to capacity, wee bit of a sense of occasion. It’s down to the form as well, but I’ve never known our support be less up for a cup game like this. Reckon we’ll have less there than we to Rugby Park a couple of years ago in the Scottish.

Edited by an86

Not on the season ticket. Sales are not looking brisk for the home end. Could be our poorest home Scottish Cup support for years. Killie look like they’ve sold a decent amount.
Next couple of games would have been great if we actually had a stadium. Close to capacity, wee bit of a sense of occasion. It’s down to the form as well, but I’ve never known our support be less up for a cup game like this. Reckon we’ll have less there than we to Rugby Park a couple of years ago in the Scottish.

What’s happening with your stadium?

I think the Fox situation has come to a head today. I don't really care about today's game, we are not going to win the cup but the selection clearly shows to me that there has to be a major fall out between Fox and Ellis. I do not think we will see Fox starting a game again. Would much prefer to see Ellis go and keep Fox.

Quite enjoying it as a game, as I'm not fussed about the result.
Although Ferrie's done well to keep us in it, I'm encouraged by our effort over the half.
A shame about the Fox situation, it does appear baffling, although apart from the goal we've defended well.
I'm always amazed how effective Gillespie is for us, despite giving the ball away most of the time.

I expected us to lose by more goals than that today but Kilmarnock didn’t take their chances early on. Luckily for them though we gifted our usual goal from a set piece. We rarely threatened ourselves other than a header from Doyle which was well saved.

Jake Davidson starting out of nowhere whilst Charlie Fox remains on the bench was another baffling once. He’s not without flaws in his game of course, but he’s been in the side for most of our wins and clean sheets this season and is clearly the best centre half in the squad. No idea what Ellis is thinking on this one (and a lot of other things).

We played some ok stuff at times in the middle of the park but ran out of ideas in the final third against a solid Kilmarnock defence. 

Any idea where Simon Murray was today?

Went to the game today with no expectations. Not surprised by the starting line up our manager now making random decisions which make no sense at all . We lost a goal again with out anyone on the line were any Queens supporters surprised…I guess not . Average performance but we all knew we would not get a win today and that was the problem. Time for a change I think .