Third Tier Champions No Return Streak

invergowrie arab

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The Rangers absolutely do claim they were relegated. To do otherwise would mean facing up to the reality of what happened to their old club.

I've seen a few of our less informed fans claim that - and are usually corrected.

Never seen anything like that from the club, though.

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They haven't been relegated. They went bust.

Remember they did stall in the championship for a year. 

Hamilton didn't do it in successive years or even close to it so that's hardly the issue.

3 hours ago, German Jag said:

Gretna did it as well.

As did Livingston, albeit with a relegation back to Tier 3 from Tier 2 in between.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

The Rangers absolutely do claim they were relegated. To do otherwise would mean facing up to the reality of what happened to their old club.

Not necessarily. I'm pretty sure you'll find universal refusal to accept that they were relegated in 2020 from Hearts fans. They'll claim they were "demoted", not relegated.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Remember that SD has a strange relationship with the fate of Rangers in 2012. 

Whit on earth are you havering about now? It's not me who was the most frequent poster on the infamous Rangers thread. I don't think there's anybody on this entire forum more obsessed with Rangers than you. Including the Rangers fans.

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whit on earth are you havering about now? It's not me who was the most frequent poster on the infamous Rangers thread. I don't think there's anybody on this entire forum more obsessed with Rangers than you. Including the Rangers fans.

Indeed.  You weren't fussy about it at all. In fact, you lent your support to the most disgraceful decision our club's ever made, and I include George Galloway's match ticket in that.

It's not surprising to me that you don't get the distinctions around relegation, liquidation etc and can so carelessly liken that situation to the more recent, totally different one involving Hearts.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed.  You weren't fussy about it at all. In fact, you lent your support to the most disgraceful decision our club's ever made, and I include George Galloway's match ticket in that.

It's not surprising to me that you don't get the distinctions around relegation, liquidation etc and can so carelessly liken that situation to the more recent, totally different one involving Hearts.

Get over yourself. Rangers mean absolutely nothing to me. Not a thing.

Your entire life seems to involve obsessing over what they are up to. To the extent you're on here trying to find some conspiracy in a stats forum. 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Get over yourself. Rangers mean absolutely nothing to me. Not a thing.

Your entire life seems to involve obsessing over what they are up to. To the extent you're on here trying to find some conspiracy in a stats forum. 

Nah, just highlighting to others involved in the discussion why you're so careless with the terminology.  

• 5 weeks later...

We were promoted in 2nd behind Livingston from the Second Division in 1999 when the SFL used to be two up, two down between the 3 leagues and have never been back.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We were promoted in 2nd behind Livingston from the Second Division in 1999 when the SFL used to be two up, two down between the 3 leagues and have never been back.

Never been back yet.