Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup final, 19th December

Flybhoy

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Shock the SFA are handing the OF team an advantage at Hampden again with their unfair ticket allocation.

Its your old mates the SPFL and Doncaster again for this one - its possible that for the SFA (Scottish Cup) there may be different rules in place?

Someone better informed may know.

Its your old mates the SPFL and Doncaster again for this one - its possible that for the SFA (Scottish Cup) there may be different rules in place?
Someone better informed may know.
Ah apologies, all the Scottish footballing bodies benefitting the OF, shock.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I dont hold out any hope of a change this time, but do hope that sense prevails in future cup finals - because if it doesnt, then everyone else can look forward to ever reducing allocations, until we are all presented with 10k at best.

Don’t hold your breath. Aberdeen supporters thought the same after the 2000 cup finals but here we are. 

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

When do tickets get released? And where do they go up? As a Dundee fan born in the mid 90s I’m not all that familiar with the process.

Currently all we know is "Hibernian and Celtic will announce ticket sale information via their own channels in due course."

A possible solution to the North Stand is give Hibs half the South Stand and all the West Stand, Celtic half the South Stand, the East Stand and the east side of the North Stand.

The west side of the North Stand gets held back and made available to Hibs if they sell out the above sections by a deadline. If the deadline passes then they are made available to Celtic fans.

On 23/11/2021 at 12:40, AndyM said:

You've heard wrong.

Hibs and Hearts both have around 13,000 Season Ticket holders each. For the Jambos on here, next time you make a final against one of the arsecheeks, forget 50/50 splits.  

Hearts have 13k St holders, Hibs last numbers announced were 10k iirc. Not that it matters, St are for home league games. 

Choosing random metrics to suit your argument isn't how fairness works. Celtic have been to plenty cup finals recently so their season ticket holders have probably all had a chance to get to one or two, Hibs fans maybe 10 times in their lives. Maybe hibs should get more based on that.... 

Regardless the ticket allocation and celtic always getting the same end isn't acceptable. I've emailed Hearts and FOH, it's a dangerous precedent to set and it may well be us next time. 

On 23/11/2021 at 23:12, saint in exile said:

Hopefully it will galvanise both the fans and players of Hibs and make it all the sweeter.Time to stop bottling finals boys.There will certainly be more than 50% of viewers at home supporting you anyway.

Can I just distance myself from any talk of wanting Hibs to use this injustice to help them win.

I'd just like them to send a 50% share of the fans home miserable as is right and proper.

Shocked to hear that Celtic are yet again getting every conceivable advantage, yet their scumbag support still has the audacity to greet about deeply moronic conspiracies against them. The entitlement is massive with them, and they're, yet again, absolutely terrified of anything even approaching a level playing field domestically.

I see their latest reasoning for our Hampden allocation being justified is that we can't take a suitable following through to Perth. :lol:

A few things about this disingenuous shite: firstly and most obviously being that Hibs also had supporters housed in the side stand where the highlights were filmed from. This is something that 'Frank' would know if he had ever ventured outside of Glasgow (generously assuming he might actually be one of the local ones).

Then you also would correctly think that Storm Arwen had some sort of factor on the attendance, given the many train cancellations. Fear not, however, because one Weegie cretin in the replies has already suggested that we should have all been straight in a car or on a bus to Perth once this revelation happened. Again, Hibs can only apologise for not being a club steeped in success for over a century, upon which supporters clubs bus down from Wick at 5am just to see us churn out 2-0 wins against Kilmarnock every year.

Anyway, I could go on and on listing the inconsistencies and hypocrisies of Celtic using this example of a depleted Perth attendance to tell us that we don't deserve a 50/50 split at a neutral football stadium for a neutral cup final, however I find diving into the deep end of the psychosis of an Old Firm fan far more worthwhile.

What both sets of supporters (but, in my experience, Celtic even more so) lack is self-awareness and humility of any kind. The self-awareness to recognise that the 'dominance' their club enjoys over Scottish football is a combination of: a) a geographic fluke, b) both boardrooms playing off pathetic religious divides that blight Scottish society and c) having early success as clubs that attracted life's losers towards the two.

The humility would to be hold their hands up, just even once in a while, and say "you know what? It is a bit fucked that a supposedly neutral cup final in a neutral stadium has a designated Celtic end and we also won't be sharing the tickets 50-50 with one of the other biggest clubs in Scotland. Haha, guess them's the breaks." Even that, pathetic as it sounds, would go some way to humanising them. But instead, they double and triple down, presumably they'll next be pointing out a time in 1980-something where Hibs didn't give Celtic an allocation, or just flat out inventing other things to try and justify the unjustifiable.

The reason for this lack of self-awareness and humility is simple: if they recognised the utter futility of playing and winning everything in Scotland with eye-watering budgets and supports that influence everything from referees to ticket allocations, with the odds so stacked in their favour that anything other than wall-to-wall success would be laughable, they would probably pack it all in and follow an English club instead, where the concept of competitiveness still limps on.

But to gain that self-awareness and humility would be to admit that everything in their very empty lives is utterly hollow, so they can't, so they double down every time instead. That's why both sides pretend they are victims of conspiracies and establishment witch hunts, rather than facing up to the reality that their existence as football fans is about as empty as it can get. All the success imaginable and yet, deep down, you'd trade it in a heartbeat to feel how I felt when David Gray scored in the 92nd minute of a final in a cup we'd not won in 114 years.

TLDR: if you're going to be the sort of pathetic c*nt who attaches themselves to one of those two horrible clubs and genuinely pretends to feel something when they win their umpteenth trophy, at least have a bit of fucking shame and humility about it and acknowledge how utterly stacked in your favour the whole sorry thing that Scottish football is.

PS. I hope we somehow fucking do them next month, and I hope that as well as me being there to see it, there are ideally also other Hibs fans there (attending their first ever Hibs match, whilst depriving some Celtic season ticket holder, who's been a lifelong fan since Brendan Rodgers turned up) to drink in Celtic tears.

Nice to be reminded that as much as Celtic fans try to suck up to everyone else whenever there's a chance to rip the piss out of rangers there is exactly zero difference between the two groups. Entitled wankers to a man. 

Anyway here is me after trying to navigate the Hibernian ticket website this morning 

EDTdKAlVAAA7NXT (1).jpg

On 29/11/2021 at 13:00, HibsFan said:

I see their latest reasoning for our Hampden allocation being justified is that we can't take a suitable following through to Perth. :lol:

A few things about this disingenuous shite: firstly and most obviously being that Hibs also had supporters housed in the side stand where the highlights were filmed from. This is something that 'Frank' would know if he had ever ventured outside of Glasgow (generously assuming he might actually be one of the local ones).

Then you also would correctly think that Storm Arwen had some sort of factor on the attendance, given the many train cancellations. Fear not, however, because one Weegie cretin in the replies has already suggested that we should have all been straight in a car or on a bus to Perth once this revelation happened. Again, Hibs can only apologise for not being a club steeped in success for over a century, upon which supporters clubs bus down from Wick at 5am just to see us churn out 2-0 wins against Kilmarnock every year.

Anyway, I could go on and on listing the inconsistencies and hypocrisies of Celtic using this example of a depleted Perth attendance to tell us that we don't deserve a 50/50 split at a neutral football stadium for a neutral cup final, however I find diving into the deep end of the psychosis of an Old Firm fan far more worthwhile.

What both sets of supporters (but, in my experience, Celtic even more so) lack is self-awareness and humility of any kind. The self-awareness to recognise that the 'dominance' their club enjoys over Scottish football is a combination of: a) a geographic fluke, b) both boardrooms playing off pathetic religious divides that blight Scottish society and c) having early success as clubs that attracted life's losers towards the two.

The humility would to be hold their hands up, just even once in a while, and say "you know what? It is a bit fucked that a supposedly neutral cup final in a neutral stadium has a designated Celtic end and we also won't be sharing the tickets 50-50 with one of the other biggest clubs in Scotland. Haha, guess them's the breaks." Even that, pathetic as it sounds, would go some way to humanising them. But instead, they double and triple down, presumably they'll next be pointing out a time in 1980-something where Hibs didn't give Celtic an allocation, or just flat out inventing other things to try and justify the unjustifiable.

The reason for this lack of self-awareness and humility is simple: if they recognised the utter futility of playing and winning everything in Scotland with eye-watering budgets and supports that influence everything from referees to ticket allocations, with the odds so stacked in their favour that anything other than wall-to-wall success would be laughable, they would probably pack it all in and follow an English club instead, where the concept of competitiveness still limps on.

But to gain that self-awareness and humility would be to admit that everything in their very empty lives is utterly hollow, so they can't, so they double down every time instead. That's why both sides pretend they are victims of conspiracies and establishment witch hunts, rather than facing up to the reality that their existence as football fans is about as empty as it can get. All the success imaginable and yet, deep down, you'd trade it in a heartbeat to feel how I felt when David Gray scored in the 92nd minute of a final in a cup we'd not won in 114 years.

TLDR: if you're going to be the sort of pathetic c*nt who attaches themselves to one of those two horrible clubs and genuinely pretends to feel something when they win their umpteenth trophy, at least have a bit of fucking shame and humility about it and acknowledge how utterly stacked in your favour the whole sorry thing that Scottish football is.

PS. I hope we somehow fucking do them next month, and I hope that as well as me being there to see it, there are ideally also other Hibs fans there (attending their first ever Hibs match, whilst depriving some Celtic season ticket holder, who's been a lifelong fan since Brendan Rodgers turned up) to drink in Celtic tears.

On 29/11/2021 at 22:20, Flybhoy said:

Six pages of ticket based meltdowns....😂😂

Marvellous 

Read the post above for an abbreviation if its too much for you................

Hibs tickets went on gen sale earlier - and are now sold out. 

Apparently Doncaster is going to give us a few more - the wankstain that he is.

16 hours ago, catakoom said:
21 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:
We've sold out our allocation yet the plastic gloryhunting Celtic fans on Twitter still think we shouldn't get more. 

So what's the reason for so many empty seats tonight then at Easter Road.

Probably because we’ve all just had to spend £35-45 on cup final tickets m9 and we also have Christmas to contend with which leaves everyone light in the financial sense.

Oh and the fact we’re in the midst of a run of 12 games in 41 days that all cost money.

That doesn’t suddenly mean a match played at a neutral venue should not be neutral.

Edited by Les Cabbage

Would just like to add, I did a little bit of research this year and here comes some pointless stats.

Hibs have only ever played one cup final in December since we were formed.

This cup final was in the same competition as this one, against the same team as this one and the result was 2-1 to Hibernian.

Hibs have played 19 games on the 19th of December, 11 wins, 5 draws and 3 defeats, the last defeat coming in 1992 against Aberdeen.

Celtic have played 18 games on this date, winning 12, drawing 1 and losing 5 (most recently to Motherwell in 2015).

Hibs and Celtic have played eachother Hampden 4 times since the turn of the millennium, Celtic winning all 4 but we’ve a lot of goals across the games, with 3 or more in every game (2 x 3-0’s, 4-2 and 5-2).

Martin Boyle has scored 63 goals for Hibs, in every game which he has scored, Hibs have not lost with the exception of two games, both against Celtic.