Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup final, 19th December

Flybhoy

Hibs should have had a penalty at the end in my opinion, but so should Celtic in the first half. Two identical shoves in the back so either both are penalty kicks or neither are. 

As for the free kick at the winning goal, I must have missed the rule change where an elbow to the back of the head isnt a foul 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Fine. I'll be in here to gloat when they horse you cheat bastrds. 😆

If it’s anything like the warm fuzzy feeling I have this morning after yesterday and now doubly so after you have announced a manager who yesterday at 5pm was bouncing around his living room shouting GIRFUY Hibees then you are in for a good time

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Brother Beaton is now Brother Walfrid Beaton.  Non existent free kick and then farce with the boards allowing Celtic to cheat and stonewall penalty denied = Brother Walfrid Beaton.  

Brother Walfrid never booked him for repeat dives or Hart for some of the most blatant time wasting I've seen. 

I'll be drinking it in when Sevco take the league and 30m smackers. Mon the Sevco.

25 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Never not backed you vs the Rangers but cheats against my club shouldn't prosper so mon the Sevco.  Will have on my oranje scarf on the 2nd.

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Fine. I'll be in here to gloat when they horse you cheat bastrds. 😆

addtext_com_MTI0NzE1MjcyNA.jpg.65ca8265bb524e16e9f16a032a717b67.jpg

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The fact u could tell he wasn’t anywhere near his usual self, not chasing down every lost ball and attempting to break the offside trap at every opportunity made his contribution all the more impressive.  He knew he only had so much in him and used it so effectively.

He has played nearly a full season in Japan scoring 16 goals, I saw a stat he has only played 90 minutes 3 times for Celtic.
Ange has managed his time on the park so far,the impact of Kyogo isn't in full flow yet.
His movement is brilliant defenders just stand with their hand in the air hoping he is offside.
The ball from McGregor was perfect but the first touch and finish was different class.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He has played nearly a full season in Japan scoring 16 goals, I saw a stat he has only played 90 minutes 3 times for Celtic.
Ange has managed his time on the park so far,the impact of Kyogo isn't in full flow yet.
His movement is brilliant defenders just stand with their hand in the air hoping he is offside.
The ball from McGregor was perfect but the first touch and finish was different class.

In some ways it’s akin to the Betis goal, his movement and touch is ridiculous and if this is the standard of player available in the J league I’m quite excited to see the others we are rumoured to be bringing onboard in January.

The thing for me though is just his enthusiasm to play it’s infectious and it’s been a while since fans have been as smitten about a player. 

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The thing for me though is just his enthusiasm to play it’s infectious and it’s been a while since fans have been as smitten about a player. 

This for me too. Haven’t felt this way about a player since Henrik. I wuv him :wub:

23 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Hibs should have had a penalty at the end in my opinion, but so should Celtic in the first half. Two identical shoves in the back so either both are penalty kicks or neither are. 

As for the free kick at the winning goal, I must have missed the rule change where an elbow to the back of the head isnt a foul 🤷‍♂️

I also missed the offside rule change where the attacker needs to be at least a yard ‘onside’ now. 
Absolute fruit loops.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Jambos wanting hibs to win a cup and now hibees planning or celebrating if rangers win the league. Absolute fuckin losers. 

ECA410DB-90CB-4924-951D-950F050CCEED.png

My dads a Hibs fan so I hoped they’d win yesterday as it would make him happy. Dunno what’s weird about that.?

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Pretty sure a full time professional referee with no leanings towards either Celtic or Hibs will give a much more impartial and educated view.

So let’s just accept you got the result you deserved 

It if were as simple as that, nobody would ever have any grounds for complaint.

I don’t imagine you’ve agreed with every viewpoint Dermot Gallagher has given on an incident.

45 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

https://streamable.com/0m2sz6

The Celtic claim was studs to a Taylor’s ankle  

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

It if were as simple as that, nobody would ever have any grounds for complaint.

I don’t imagine you’ve agreed with every viewpoint Dermot Gallagher has given on an incident.

The fact Scottish football is still using an outdated system when the rest of the world is moving into digital system is the problem plus the Scottish referees are being left behind.
We all want the decisions to be more consistent not the grey area or interpretation of the guy in the middle only seeing it from one angle.