Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup final, 19th December

Flybhoy

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Bring in VAR now. 

I tend to agree, but I’m not sure it would have made a huge amount of difference yesterday. The best you can say about the officiating was that they had a good first 60 seconds. Both sides should have had penalties, none of the goals were offside, and the foul in the lead up to Celtics second goal was one you see given as often as not, and wouldn’t have been called back.

Beaton let Hibs off with one very early when it should have been a fairly blatant booking. From then on, I think we can say he was inconsistent to the point of incompetence. 

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I tend to agree, but I’m not sure it would have made a huge amount of difference yesterday. The best you can say about the officiating was that they had a good first 60 seconds. Both sides should have had penalties, none of the goals were offside, and the foul in the lead up to Celtics second goal was one you see given as often as not, and wouldn’t have been called back.

Beaton let Hibs off with one very early when it should have been a fairly blatant booking. From then on, I think we can say he was inconsistent to the point of incompetence. 

But but hibs we’re cheated. Haven’t you read the thread? They should’ve had a pen, (so should Celtic). Celtic got a soft free kick leading up to their goal, (so did hibs). And Celtics goal looked kinda offside (even though it wasn’t). West coast bias once again. 

14 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Having actually been at the match, its difficult to be 100% sure on decisions.

First half was dreadful, all we did was contain Celtic. 

Better 2nd half, nice to see Hanlon scoring. Not got a clue what happened for the equaliser, I was still celebrating........but I hear it was our usual (this season) soft centre of the defence.

Celtics 2nd, Kyogi is clever, but we switched off and were still moaning about the (non) free kick.

Clearly we should have had a penalty, but the follow up should have been rammed home as Beaton was never giving us jack today.

No idea what Celtic fans are on about with another pen shout, assume it was at the other end? Probably a conspiracy?

We need a few changes when the new manager arrives, at least a CH and more options in midfield where we need more dynamism.

Bonus of taking the car was no fannying around for stragglers in the bus, went home via the Athens of the West (East Kilbride) and am now relaxing with a glass of Pinot Noir.

Have a nice festive period everyone - except the Celtic fans as they are basically the same rancid wankstains on society as the blue ones.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

But but hibs we’re cheated. Haven’t you read the thread? They should’ve had a pen, (so should Celtic). Celtic got a soft free kick leading up to their goal, (so did hibs). And Celtics goal looked kinda offside (even though it wasn’t). West coast bias once again. 

Yes thats 100% what I said yesterday.

Come On What GIF

Celtic fans - usually the kind that "follow Celtic but havent managed a game in a while" - are summed up by my last sentence yesterday.

10 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Genuine question, what is this display meant to be?

ed9d8105bd4141184a1094a52003b621.jpg

I think it's E.T. lurking behind a fat guy's shoulder?

No idea, but it reminds me of that old classic joke.

Q - How do you know E.T. is a Celtic fan?

A - Because he looks like one.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think it's E.T. lurking behind a fat guy's shoulder?

No idea, but it reminds me of that old classic joke.

Q - How do you know E.T. is a Celtic fan?

A - Because he looks like one.

Hardly say he was fat here.  There’s other negative things you could say about him.

02524839-BDDE-47EF-8D54-C8B6F48A69C4.jpeg

10 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Hibs fans 😂

“Get it into your heads; we never stop, we never stop. We'll stop at half time and we'll stop at the end of the game when we celebrate. But during the game we don't stop"

"If the opposition wants to stop that's good for us we'll f***ing take advantage of it.

- Big Ange first training session 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

His 1st touch for the first goal is absolute filth and his ability with both feet is superb.

The fact u could tell he wasn’t anywhere near his usual self, not chasing down every lost ball and attempting to break the offside trap at every opportunity made his contribution all the more impressive.  He knew he only had so much in him and used it so effectively.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Yes thats 100% what I said yesterday.

Come On What GIF

Celtic fans - usually the kind that "follow Celtic but havent managed a game in a while" - are summed up by my last sentence yesterday.

Yes, I was more aimed at the diddies calling for the introduction of VAR, the diddies that think the ref cheated them. Those diddies. And you can include Gray and McGinn in that list. 

Edited by Drew Brees

1 hour ago, Ulises de la Cruz said:

It just shows how much cup trophies mean to the old firm.

Imagine winning a cup and your first thought is to post about it on pie and bovril.

They won, and the first thing one of them did was post on here complaining about not getting a penalty