Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup final, 19th December

Flybhoy

Hibs set to be backed by 20,000 fans at Hampden as club wins SPFL ticket battle for Premier Sports Cup final

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-set-to-be-backed-by-20000-fans-at-hampden-as-club-wins-spfl-ticket-battle-for-premier-sports-cup-final-3480424?gg

Shame for those Celtic fans from the likes of Airdrie, Montrose and Inverness will miss out on a ticket. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Hibs fans will sell out the extra 2000 in a couple of days. The very worst the spfl could do next time Hibs are in a final is give Hibs 20,000 to start with as they've proved they can sell out comfortably. And then once that's sold out give Hibs the last 3,000 or whatever takes it up 50-50.

Hopefully it will just be split 50-50 to start with but knowing the spfl it probably won't happen. 

Hibs given another 2000 is no victory for them. SPFL probably had this ploy worked out in advance. Give Hibs a paltry amount of tickets to start with, then give them an extra paltry amount to make the SPFL look like the good guys and everybody's happy. It's still a shite split of the tickets.

On 10/12/2021 at 15:49, gannonball said:

Seen you guys were still struggling to sell out the allocation you were given so me and my pal bought tickets in your end. 
You’re welcome.

Sure.  Just like all the other teary eyed Celtic fans on twitter who - of course - all have (a) a Hibs account and ref number, and (b) history of purchasing a Cat A match ticket from Hibs (in the past 6 months, iirc).

p.s. back in the real world, there were about 200 tickets left, and most are now going to disadvantaged Hibs supporting families after fans bought and donated them today.

I'm not sure that will appear in the Daily Record or The Sun tho........

We won't have any left to sell (although there are sure to be odd gaps in both ends with people now worried about Covid).

We will really struggle if we’ve got the same front three as tonight to be honest, but then again Hibs were absolutely shite on Tuesday so confident of a win. 

just counting down the days until the game and praying restrictions aren’t coming before sunday man

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Sure.  Just like all the other teary eyed Celtic fans on twitter who - of course - all have (a) a Hibs account and ref number, and (b) history of purchasing a Cat A match ticket from Hibs (in the past 6 months, iirc).

p.s. back in the real world, there were about 200 tickets left, and most are now going to disadvantaged Hibs supporting families after fans bought and donated them today.

I'm not sure that will appear in the Daily Record or The Sun tho........

We won't have any left to sell (although there are sure to be odd gaps in both ends with people now worried about Covid).

Yeah I tried online with no success but my pal drove through and got them from the ticket office no bother. There is no danger you were giving those tickets away if you had any chance of ‘selling’ out. Nice PR move to prevent embarrassment though.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I tried online with no success but my pal drove through and got them from the ticket office no bother. There is no danger you were giving those tickets away if you had any chance of ‘selling’ out. Nice PR move to prevent embarrassment though.

5 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Lies