Celtic v Hibernian. League Cup final, 19th December

Flybhoy

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Clubs complain about this all the time... then do nothing about it.

If there was a motion raised that future SFs + Finals should be 50/50 if both clubs can sell them it might well gain wide support.

We complained about it against Hibs a few years back after selling out our allocation before them, and got told the fairest way is to do it by the amount of season ticket holders.

As always most clubs don't think things are a problem if they're benefitting. 

Should always be a 50/50 split for a semi-final or final.

Fair enough to subsequently adjust allocation if one side isn't going to fill it, but surely the whole point of having the game at a neutral venue is to start from a neutral position? To have a final in one team's home city, with two-thirds of the tickets isn't that.

3 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Don't see any grounds for complaint.

The ground for complaint is that if your starting position is that more Celtic fans can attend the final than Hibs fans, don't call Hampden  a f**king neutral venue, because it isn't.

Edited by Mr Heliums

So Hibs' allocation is about double what they took yesterday? Everyone who could be arsed will get a ticket plus a good few thousand that didn't bother.
Don't see any grounds for complaint.

Here’s a selection of National semi-finals including Celtic, and the attendance from that game (total, not just Celtic fans):

2011/12 Scottish Cup vs Hearts: 36,600

2011/12 League Cup vs Falkirk: 30,000

2012/13 League Cup vs St Mirren: 24,400

2012/13 Scottish Cup vs Dundee United: 24,800

2014/15 Scottish Cup vs Inverness: 28,600

2015/16 League Cup vs Ross County: 22,100

2017/18 League Cup vs Hibs: 39,800

It is an absolute disgrace. Celtic fans saying that they should get more tickets than the opposition for a Cup Final not being held in their stadium is an embarrassment. For f*cks sake, it’s not Celtic’s home game (officially) so why should they get more tickets for a Cup Final? It’s utter nonsense. If Hibs don’t sell their allocation by a certain date, then give Celtic more tickets, but give Hibs a chance to sell their half first. This would not happen in any other country.

Hibs very clearly have the ability to sell 25000 tickets for a cup final, and have done numerous times in recent years, therefore they should be given an even split.

If Dunfermline were playing Hibs at a 30,000 seater stadium and they tried to only give us 10,000 on the basis that Hibs could sell more, I’d be fucking furious.

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

Hibs very clearly have the ability to sell 25000 tickets for a cup final, and have done numerous times in recent years, therefore they should be given an even split.

If Dunfermline were playing Hibs at a 30,000 seater stadium and they tried to only give us 10,000 on the basis that Hibs could sell more, I’d be fucking furious.

It’s not about being furious though, it’s simply wrong, and against all sporting integrity. How can anyone who is part of the administration of the SPFL think this is fair?

By the way, I love the bit at the bottom of all of your posts, whatever that bit is called. (Avatar?)

So the SPFL Equality and Fairness Statement should have an addendum.......Some clubs are more equal than others. Hibs better not let this lie, and I would recommend every supporter outwith the uglies to bombard the SPFL with this very point. It is what they want and if we allow it it will happen every year.

It’s not about being furious though, it’s simply wrong, and against all sporting integrity. How can anyone who is part of the administration of the SPFL think this is fair?
By the way, I love the bit at the bottom of all of your posts, whatever that bit is called. (Avatar?)

Haha, I forget that’s there until the rare occasion go on P&B on my laptop. You don’t see signatures on the mobile app.

I’m sure I was pretty hooked on the album at the time and it fits well with the post I have quoted in my signature!

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Here’s a selection of National semi-finals including Celtic, and the attendance from that game 

2017/18 League Cup vs Hibs: 39,800

Probably a bad example to use.

Hibernian requested and were given a 50/50 split of tickets for that match and barely sold half their allocation, leaving circa 10k empty seats that day, Celtic requested extra tickets in the days before the match when it became apparent Hibs sales were poor but were knocked back, I believe due to the short timescale. 

Whether you agree or not with the ticketing decision for this final I suspect this may have been a factor. 

Another point worth making, and it's not necessarily what I believe, just giving a flip to the coin of what is a very one sided argument on this thread is that Hibernian, who have I hear around 8000 season ticket holders have enough tickets for each of them to purchase one for themselves and one for a friend or relative, when looking at it barely on that fact it is still a reasonable allocation. 

I'm quite surprised at this decision to be honest, I expected a 50/50 split but there are two sides, each with valid points to the argument, our supporters bus for example ran buses to the Hearts and Raith Rovers matches, both full with about 40 plus on each occasion and on Saturday we ran two buses (albeit sharing one with a slightly smaller local CSC) and had about 60 of our members in attendance, the last couple of evenly split cup finals we have received about 25 to 30 tickets meaning at least a third of our season ticket holders missed out, a few more who attended these games should now get a ticket for the League Cup Final, and some people will be of the opinion those people are more deserving of a ticket than some day trippers from the opposition who barely go at all.

Hopefully Hibs actually try and do something about this other than just a statement. I'd imagine it's in the rules/laws of the tournament that a final has to be at a neutral venue. What actually defines a neutral venue? I'd assume an equal split of fans is one of those things. So by not giving Hibs fans the opportunity to take their half of the ground it means it's not really neutral. 

Would be good to see Hibs fans encouraged to get in early and sell it out in plenty of time as it would make their case for 50/50 split even stronger.