Week 11

lichtie23

Seahawks going full late stage Wenger at Arsenal. 

Pete needs to go, I want to see Wilson under a different HC, but the roster is getting old, doesn't have much in the way of good prospects and the Jets will be getting our top 10 draft pick next year. 

If they trade Wilson, it'll be the wilderness for sometime. 

As they pick the ball! 

Looks like I picked the right week to not be able to watch the early games. Bills aren't a super bowl contender and it's borderline whether they're a playoff team at this point. The only 2 teams the D has given up many points to are teams who can run the ball and dink and dunk in Tennessee and Indy rather than an explosive passing attack.

Unfortunately there's another team we still have to play twice who can also do all of that =/

Edit :also worth noting that two of the players who didn't play today are on the covid list because they're not vaxed and will also miss the next game. Cole Beasley might be a factor in that. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Spent the last few years flip-flopping on Carr, but I think it's time to move on. He is who he is - a guy who can make all the throws and win if everything is perfect for him. But in the NFL, you're very rarely ever going to get things going perfectly for you, and as soon as he's challenged he comes up short.

New GM, new HC, new QB this offseason please.

Spent the last few years flip-flopping on Carr, but I think it's time to move on. He is who he is - a guy who can make all the throws and win if everything is perfect for him. But in the NFL, you're very rarely ever going to get things going perfectly for you, and as soon as he's challenged he comes up short.
I'm interested in this POV. Who would you realistically bring in at QB (and at what cost)? Not saying your wrong, but I think Carr is well above average and I'm not convinced that the draft class next year has any stand outs that will turn out better. Would you trade for Watson, do you think Rodgers will be available and interested? I'm genuinely curious as to who you would want?

8 hours ago, magic sign said:
10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I'm interested in this POV. Who would you realistically bring in at QB (and at what cost)? Not saying your wrong, but I think Carr is well above average and I'm not convinced that the draft class next year has any stand outs that will turn out better. Would you trade for Watson, do you think Rodgers will be available and interested? I'm genuinely curious as to who you would want?

The draft class does indeed look poor at QB, and I don’t think we’ll be in a position to draft one of the better prospects anyway. I’d be all over Rodgers or Wilson if that was in any way possible. Would steer clear of Watson for a variety of reasons; even if this current mess is swept under the rug I’m not sure we need his kind of distraction after the year that 2021 has been for off the field woes. Outside the vets, I’m not really sure, but all I know is that I’m sick of Carr starting the season strongly before collapsing like a deck of cards as soon as the calendar hits November.

This is all conjecture anyway. Unless something drastically changes we’ll be getting a new GM and HC anyway, and who knows what direction they’ll want to go in at QB? It may well be that they believe they can have Carr play a certain way and get the best out of him (which is what Gruden did). But personally my preference would be to move on.

Really feels like the end of an era at Seattle. Pete might see out the season but him and his defensive coach have had their day.

f**k knows what the OC from the Rams is doing? We had less offensive plays than Colt McCoy had pass attempts.

Wilson coming black too soon? Itd hardly as he did much. The WR corps is criminally under used. Pete would rather have Alex Collins trundle for three yards on first and second, give Wilson a chance on third down then punt back to the opposition.

The recruitment of key areas is catching up now. No discernible uplift from the o-line and little coming from the d-line. The defensive backs aren't great and struggle to get any INTs. Too busy getting Adams to blitz. 

Also Carroll's main mantra of winning the turnover count is a thing of the past. 

It's been beautiful at times but the time is up. If he stays next season it will be even worse. A 2-15/3-14 season with no Russell Wilson.

I think there's been one losing season since 2010 and I don't recall one since getting back into the sport in 2013. Won a Superbowl and a divisional championship the following season. 

On 22/11/2021 at 19:43, Boo Khaki said:

The NFL would be a far worse place without Pete Carroll.

Oh no wait, no it wouldn't. Good fucking riddance if/when he goes.

Haha. Let it go Boo, let it go...