Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

Musonda starting ahead of Tumilty alongside a back three is a surprise. Should be just as solid defensively, but might lose a little going forward in open play. Set pieces could be interesting with all of Musonda, Lang, Berra and Benedictus on the park too. 

A shame that Ethan Ross has only made the bench. Fingers crossed he's fit enough to come on and do damage in the last 20 minutes or so. 

3 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Why only your chances? As has been stated many, many times on here before - Arbroath train in Perth, only one of the squad I can think of (Swankie) lives in the town and in a normal season, perhaps 2 or 3 games max are played in particularly windy conditions. There are guys in our team who will have never played in very strong winds (at Gayfield). We’re in December and all of our home games so far have been played in good conditions with only the Ayr game being what could be considered a wee bit windy. 

Because, like any good fitba fans, we need something to hang our whining hat upon and it is proper form to dismiss our chances pre-match.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Musonda starting ahead of Tumilty alongside a back three is a surprise. Should be just as solid defensively, but might lose a little going forward in open play. Set pieces could be interesting with all of Musonda, Lang, Berra and Benedictus on the park too. 

A shame that Ethan Ross has only made the bench. Fingers crossed he's fit enough to come on and do damage in the last 20 minutes or so. 

Yeah, I said earlier in this thread that I wouldn’t massively shocked if we went with the back 3 given Bene got minutes under his belt midweek and we’ve played this formation away to Killie and Inverness in our league games but Musonda for Tumilty is a surprise.

However, McGlynn has been pretty strong on his views about the team keeping their discipline and although we got away with Tumilty’s sending off last week, he might have a wee spell out the team because of it, as we saw with Matthews.

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Also, just laying it out now. If we try any short corners that don't immediately lead to a cross into the box, with those options in the air, I'm going to hurl myself into the North Sea. 

Hope you're a strong swimmer!🥺

1 - Jamie MacDonald 3 - Liam Dick 4 - Frankie Musonda 5 - Christophe Berra 6 - Kyle Benedictus (c) 8 - Ross Matthews 11 - Dario Zanatta 12 - Tom Lang 13 - Brad Spencer 15 - Dylan Tait 18 - Ethan Varian

Subs 2 - Reghan Tumilty 22 - Ethan Ross 23 - Blaise Riley-Snow 25 - Aaron Arnott 26 - Kieran Mitchell 99 - Matej Poplatnik 17 - Robbie Thomson (GK)
Edited by Beachbum

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Great block from lang there.

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Forget Jamie MacDonald, that's the save of the season from Tam Lang. What a header. 

Hard to see starting Bene over Lang going forward.

Just now, Raithie said:

We've not started here. 

I wondered how we’d get on when I saw Ross and Tumilty both on the bench. They usually feature quite heavily in our good attacking play. Doesn’t look a day for silky football though. McGlynn knows what he’s doing.