Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

Just now, renton said:

Your whole shtick is a 40 yard diagonal ball then winning the second ball in the knock down. You can't seriously be complaining about another team getting physical?

Again. Really?

Also there’s a difference between being physical and blatantly fouling

What a bunch of moaning Minnie's. He was the referee for both sides in a game which is now irrelevant as it's done and finished and in the records as 0-0 with no reference to any other details such as who did what, when, or to the performance of a referee. If you think that he was the worst you've had then as someone else said... you've been well and truly spoilt this season. There's a lot worse hanging around out there.
Having a moan about a game on a football forum and the match thread. Who would have thought that would happen.

2 minutes ago, embow said:

What a bunch of moaning Minnie's. He was the referee for both sides in a game which is now irrelevant as it's done and finished and in the records as 0-0 with no reference to any other details such as who did what, when, or to the performance of a referee. If you think that he was the worst you've had then as someone else said... you've been well and truly spoilt this season. There's a lot worse hanging around out there.

That’s rich coming from Rovers fans. I know it’s not you but I’ve seen more than one of your fans on here greetin’ week in week out that refs never give Raith anything as if there’s some kind of conspiracy against south Fife’s finest. The ref was atrocious today for both teams and ruined what could and should have been a cracker, I don’t think anyone is saying any different.

And no, he wasn’t even in the top 10 of worst refereeing performances I’ve seen (hi Andrew Dallas 👋) but he was awful and ruined the game.

4 minutes ago, embow said:

He was absolutely useless regardless of wether the the game is done and finished.

I thought the ref was okay. He didn’t do anything too controversial. I’ve seen worse.
Blaming the ref is just excuses.
I'm not blaming the referee just pointing out he was poor and didn't help the game. We didn't do enough to break down a well organised Raith defence and create a lot of chances but I think we edged the game overall. Not a bad point for either side though.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I thought the ref was okay. He didn’t do anything too controversial. I’ve seen worse.

Apart from towards the end when Arbroath were on a very promising attack free down the right wing with men in the box and he stopped play to give US a free kick back at the half way line? I would say that was pretty controversial.

He was terrible, for both teams. Bookings for feck all, fouls for negligible contact but nothing for obvious fouls. Wouldn’t let the game flow.

Edited by Tattie36

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Apart from towards the end when Arbroath were on a very promising attack free down the right wing with men in the box and he stopped play to give US a free kick back at the half way line? I would say that was pretty controversial.

He was terrible, for both teams. Bookings for feck all, fouls for negligible contact but nothing for obvious fouls. Wouldn’t let the game flow.

Maybe it was hard to see from the other end of the park. But like I said earlier it was 5 v 3. I was at the road side terracing. Gold had an easy pass inside to Nouble or Dowds. At that point I was thinking we were going to get a massive chance and blow it again, like LD v QoTS. It was most definitely controversial and the worst thing was he took play back to give us a free kick. Unbelievable. So many blatant throw ins etc too he got the wrong way, one in the second half genuinely unbelievable. It was up there for me it really was. Useless

On the late break away - I had a bad view, but it looked like he stopped play because of an off the ball incident (which he booked the Arbroath player for ) - so I expected a Rovers free kick but it wee t to Arbroath! Was there an advantage already being played for Arbroath? Or what happened? 

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

11 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I'm not blaming the referee just pointing out he was poor and didn't help the game. We didn't do enough to break down a well organised Raith defence and create a lot of chances but I think we edged the game overall. Not a bad point for either side though.

10 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Maybe Arbroath have just been lucky with refs and got lots of really good performances from them. This ref was fine.

Arbroath should really kick themselves for not making the most of their total dominance of the game in the first half.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

The irony of the situation was that had McKenna kept his cool, the referee would've had no reason to stop the game. Instead, there's been a coming together, both players have had a go at each other, and then McKenna pushed Matthews as he was getting back it. It was absolutely daft from him as it made the referee force the game to stop. You can't carry on the game if players are looking like they might start fighting together. It was the correct call at the time, we obviously benefited from it but it was not controversial in the slightest - if you're going to blame anyone, blame McKenna. 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Maybe Arbroath have just been lucky with refs and got lots of really good performances from them. This ref was fine.

Arbroath should really kick themselves for not making the most of their total dominance of the game in the first half.

Your second paragraph is spot on. Far too many games this season we’ve let opponents off the hook, just not ruthless enough at times.

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Plenty things that could be complained about the referee, but not sure the bookings are any of them (apart from potentially the off the ball one for McKenna - the stream obviously didn't catch that). Stewart, Hamilton and Lang were clear fouls that will always be yellows and Little was for continued dissent after a foul given.

Ref had zero impact on the end result.  Rovers came to get a draw, and did so with minimum fuss.   Neither team will be particularly worried about the opposition following that, it was as non descript q game as you will find.  

Just now, Rover the Moon said:

Vividly remember Arbroath coming to Stark’s in their title winning year and their sole tactic was to maim Lewis Vaughan. Glass houses, welcome the stones and people.

Was that the game that Benedictus nearly chopped McKenna in half, injured himself and never got sent off for an utterly horrendous foul?