Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

Regardless of who wins, both teams will still be seen as contenders. Both have had plenty of praise while still flying under the radar in a way. This month will be a huge one for ourselves. After Saturday, it's Killie at home then Partick and Ayr away. It's brilliant that we're in this position considering where we were a few seasons ago.

Yeah, I still find it hard to view us as genuine title contenders based solely on experience of being a Rovers fan teaching me to never get my hopes up too much.

Tough run of games coming up and we could easily find ourselves a little bit adrift in 5th place by the end of it but if we are still within touching distance of top spot after Boxing Day I would have to consider us serious contenders.

Likewise Arbroath, they will have the difficulty of losing Nouble to overcome but they have shown the strength of their squad in dealing with the loss of Nicky Low and if Nouble is replaced by Jack Hamilton or similar quality, it’s hard to see it de-railing them too much.

On to the game in terms of our line up, a lot depends on the fitness and availability of MacDonald, Spencer and Ross. If Spencer and Ross are both fit, it leaves McGlynn a difficult choice of who to leave out. I think Matthews has probably done enough to win his place back but it means one of Spencer/Tait/Ross/Connolly/Zanatta has to miss out. Tait seems the obvious option given the form of the others but I think he would perhaps have more to offer than Zanatta in a game like this.

If Spencer and Ross don’t make it, I wouldn’t surprised to see us revert to the back 3 we have used on occasion this season with Bene coming back in, he marshalled Nouble very well alongside Berra at Starks. We have used 3 at the back in our league games away to Inverness and Killie so wouldn’t surprise me too much to see it again here.

Hopefully everyone is fit and it gives McGlynn some good problems to have with options from the bench for later in the game. Our last visit to Arbroath was a pretty dreadful performance but our recent record at Gayfield is decent, even when we struggled to win away from home in the seaside leagues we seemed to find a result there. Couple of good wins in December up there in during that time and hopefully this is another one but I’d be pretty happy with a point.

Agree with this.  I've said it before, but there's only so long Campbell can play the plucky part timers card.  They have a good squad, good management team, and a home support that is growing.  Win tomorrow and they are in with as much of a shout as anyone else.

I don’t remember Dick ever calling us “plucky”.

Yeah, I still find it hard to view us as genuine title contenders based solely on experience of being a Rovers fan teaching me to never get my hopes up too much.
Tough run of games coming up and we could easily find ourselves a little bit adrift in 5th place by the end of it but if we are still within touching distance of top spot after Boxing Day I would have to consider us serious contenders.
Likewise Arbroath, they will have the difficulty of losing Nouble to overcome but they have shown the strength of their squad in dealing with the loss of Nicky Low and if Nouble is replaced by Jack Hamilton or similar quality, it’s hard to see it de-railing them too much.
On to the game in terms of our line up, a lot depends on the fitness and availability of MacDonald, Spencer and Ross. If Spencer and Ross are both fit, it leaves McGlynn a difficult choice of who to leave out. I think Matthews has probably done enough to win his place back but it means one of Spencer/Tait/Ross/Connolly/Zanatta has to miss out. Tait seems the obvious option given the form of the others but I think he would perhaps have more to offer than Zanatta in a game like this.
If Spencer and Ross don’t make it, I wouldn’t surprised to see us revert to the back 3 we have used on occasion this season with Bene coming back in, he marshalled Nouble very well alongside Berra at Starks. We have used 3 at the back in our league games away to Inverness and Killie so wouldn’t surprise me too much to see it again here.
Hopefully everyone is fit and it gives McGlynn some good problems to have with options from the bench for later in the game. Our last visit to Arbroath was a pretty dreadful performance but our recent record at Gayfield is decent, even when we struggled to win away from home in the seaside leagues we seemed to find a result there. Couple of good wins in December up there in during that time and hopefully this is another one but I’d be pretty happy with a point.

Agree with a fair chunk of that except for the Zanatta comment, to play Tait over him. It’s been a while since Zanatta has cut in and smacked one in to the far post. I see it happening this game - he’s due one haha! Tait won’t give us that (hopefully I’m wrong and he also scores!)

If all available, I’d go for:
. JMac
RT Lang Berra Mosunda
. Matthews Spencer
Connelly Ross Zanatta
. Varian

Decided to sack taken the car up, and getting on the beers with the train, can’t wait!

Has Arbroath’s Board given any indication of how they might proceed if they were to win promotion? It just seems unfathomable they would try to remain part time, and even hybrid seems unlikely. Given that, wouldn’t there likely be a near complete turnover of the personnel who got them there?

Has Arbroath’s Board given any indication of how they might proceed if they were to win promotion? It just seems unfathomable they would try to remain part time, and even hybrid seems unlikely. Given that, wouldn’t there likely be a near complete turnover of the personnel who got them there?
If Arbroath were promoted im sure it would be very similar with a slightly larger squad. Save the cash and do ground improvements to give something back to the fans.

3 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Can’t wait for this tomorrow. Class at the moment looking forward to every game, I’m sure Raith fans feel the same. Hopefully a big crowd and a good game to match.

Amen bro.

Segregation will be in place for tomorrow's match, which is the same as it has been for the past 4 games at Gayfield.

We advise all fans to arrive early and allow yourself plenty of time to be in side the stadium before kick off.

Arbroath Supporters will occupy sections A, and C of the main stand and the Pleasureland End of the Stadium up to the end of the East Terrace.

Please note that section B will be reserved for our supporters who are in Hospitality. Sections A and C will be occupied on a first come, first seated basis.

Arbroath Supporters will enter via Gates 1 and 2.

Raith Rovers will occupy Section F and G of the Main Stand and the Harbour End of the Stadium up to the start of the East Terrace.

Raith Rovers fans will enter via Gate 3.

Raith Rovers fans should be advised that only a small number of stands seats will be available. The 155 Seats in Sections F and G will be occupied on a first come, first seated basis.

There are disabled bays in front of Section A (for Arbroath supporters) and Section H (for Raith Rovers supporters) which are accessible by ramps parallel to these sections.

262544231_4978643855488137_2913691186032437811_n.jpg

Yep, let’s get under that cover and make a racket.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully a similar Rovers support to last week. Think we need MacDonald/Spencer/Ross to be available, if all three are out I think we’re in trouble but this team do tend to find a way to get a result. Matthews needs to play if everyone is fit, Tait/Spencer has been overrun at Dunfermline and Queen of the South so little doubt Arbroath would manage too.

Mon the Rovers.

Train up for this one, anyone know the score with taking a beer on the train at the moment? Ok to take a couple of cans on or is it still banned due to Covid regulations on Scotrail? Seem to recall Scotrail banned it earlier in the year but I’ve not been on a train in ages  

Edited by San Starko Rover

Train up for this one, anyone know the score with taking a beer on the train at the moment? Ok to take a couple of cans on or is it still banned due to Covid regulations on Scotrail? Seem to recall Scotrail banned it earlier in the year but I’ve not been on a train in ages  

Just depends on how much of a jobsworth c**t the conductor is

31 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

As the coronavirus pandemic continues, we want to do everything we can to support the public health measures put in place by the Scottish Government.

Therefore, from Monday 16 November 2020, alcohol cannot be consumed at any station in Scotland, or on any ScotRail train. Any person acting disorderly or showing specific signs of intoxication will not be permitted to travel.

Keeping passengers safe on the railway | ScotRail