Arbroath vs Raith Rovers

12 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Personally i would just stick to the boozers around the station, no where that really does food but pies at the ground are class or get a fish supper

I would agree pre-match. If you’ve got 2-3 hours you can have a pretty decent pub crawl without having to travel far. If you come out of the station and turn right, head up Keptie Street a few hundred yards to the Lochlands Bar on Lochlands Street. Pint there then re-trace your steps back to the Station Bar - Westport bar - Millgate Bar - Foundry Bar - Tutties - game. Bag of crisps in each pub, pie at the game.

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Is Lochlands known for being expensive? I’ve never noticed but then I live in Aberdeen so everywhere in Arbroath is cheap to me.

Routinely over 4 quid a pint now in the Deen.  Outrageous stuff.

22 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Routinely over 4 quid a pint now in the Deen.  Outrageous stuff.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Lived in Edinburgh for the last 10 years. Quite happy with anything less than a fiver for a pint.

I had a few pints in Dumfries, £3.00 In The Imperial was decent.

2 hours ago, kev23 said:

It’s £4.05 in the Novar. I reckon it’s the most I’ve paid for a pint in Kirkcaldy.

Peroni or Moretti?

If thats Tennents, Belhaven or even Guinness then that's outrageous.

In all my time the High St in Kirkcaldy has always been traditionally dearer than other pubs but that is probably even dearer than the bent Penny.

2 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Ok, we’re doing great, you boys think your doing great, looking for 500 from Raith, we’ll have 1400, good sing song, good party, btw Raith plenty pubs within 10 mins of Gayfield.

We had 1k at Falkirk for a cup tie against a lower league side, I'd hope for 500 at the very least.

43 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We had 1k at Falkirk for a cup tie against a lower league side, I'd hope for 500 at the very least.

Aye, Arbroath is a wee bit further away but it's probably the best away day in the league. The last couple of times we've played there in December we've had really good wins. The conditions only really played a factor in one of those games. I'd be hopeful of at least 500 as you say. There was a real feeling of unity at the end of today with the players and fans. 

Massive game. Our recent home league form has been patchy, dropping points to Ayr and Queens in games we dominated. Even though today was a stroll, it’s still a little concerning to me that our goal return for chances created is quite poor. Can’t be so wasteful against a very decent side like Raith, arguably the only team that has outplayed us this season.

This should comfortably be our second largest attendance of the season so far and might even be the largest. If the weather’s decent, with two teams doing well and lots of positivity from both sets of fans, I can’t see why it can’t be close.